Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feather Hair Extensions

Mike O Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Steelie-Stalker View Post
    I saw some girl at my high school the other day with a few pink/green died grizzly hackle feathers in her hair. I kind of did a double take and was like...wait what did i just see?
    Shoulda followed behind her with a hand-held vise all ready. When she asked What thell you were doing, you coulda told her you were waiting for her to drop one.

I saw a gal in Medford last weekend wearing a bunch of them in her hair. At least it's not as permanent as tattoos but she seemed a bit upset when I called her "chickenhead".

I made some friends at Costco. I was in there this morning and noticed the gal I always go to, had a grizzly hackle in her hair, dyed brown. I asked her "how much did the hackle cost" she looked at me like what are you talking about. Then I said the feather and she instantly responded $10.00, with a frown.
    I told her that I have boxes of those feathers in all different colors, so real bright and some natural. REALLY, how much do you sell them for. I bunched up a bundle and took them to her and needless to say, she was happy. There had to be 80 long hackles in the bundle. I think she could see $$$$ signs. All these for free? I have more if you want some. Now I have other clerks wanting long, skinny, feathers.
    I wonder what my Hoffman #1 super saddles would bring. I have 4 of then in the freezer.
    Hackles are at least 18" and can tie down to 18-20. These were the first original hoffman super saddles.
    Maybe I'll drive by a hair salon and wave it in the window

Jay

Jay maybe you should open a hair salon specializing in feather extensions.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Hey at $10.00 a pop, I could buy that new camera I want. The Hoffman could be worth $500.00 Not for sale. I wonder what a real non-split jungle cock neck would bring in tinsel town. Lady Gaga would fine some use out of it.

Jay

Jay, watch it. You might get dragged into a dark alley and mugged. Or maybe kidnapped and held for a feather ransom. I bet your wife would have to think long and hard about that one. Phil

Quote Originally Posted by FISHEYE View Post
    Jay, watch it. You might get dragged into a dark alley and mugged. Or maybe kidnapped and held for a feather ransom. I bet your wife would have to think long and hard about that one. Phil
    Or she might think short and easy about that one and . . . .
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Finally saw this for myself. Bagger in trader joes had about 1/4 of a Hoffman saddle hanging from one side of her head.

I just don't tie that many dry flies any more, and a friend gave me a garbage bag of Whiting floor sweepings several years ago...

Maybe I can figure out a way to retire soon.

Next thing you know, the ladies will be debating Whiting versus Hoffman.

Come to think of it, hopefully this doesn't steer breeders to select for hair enhancement qualities versus dry fly qualities.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

I have some Euro saddles that would make for a mean mullet extension.
    Been seeing a lot of this working at a client down in Anaheim.
    Grizzly hackles in hair, various earrings, etc.
    My Sister in law was asking about feathers I had a while back.
    I started with some nice feathers individually.
    How the tide changed when I started bringing out feathers with heads attached, etc.
    I think bringing out the dyed calftails was the final straw.
    -P