Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feather Hair Extensions

Quote Originally Posted by PaulC View Post
    I think bringing out the dyed calftails was the final straw.
    -P
    If that didn't do it, I bet the hare's masks would have.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Default Feather Hair Extensions

Hi guys and gals, here are some photos of what they are doing with the saddle hackle feathers. Unbelievable!! And at ten dollars per feather!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p1010497.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	2738   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feather-hair-extensions-makeupandgo-op.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	2739  

That little girl makes me jealous....
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

At $5.00 to $10.00 bucks per hackle, she's already looking at retirement
    I got a few offers on my Hoffman super #1 saddles, especially the grizzly and grizzly dyed olive. Just waiting too see if the price will go up. I have to wipe of the saliva after they look at it.
    I knew keeping these frozen of 25 years would pay off

Jay

Come on Hollywood

Talking Feather Heads....

This practice must not stand!!!!! (Gotta admit they look pretty good on Jeannie W, tho. )
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

I dunno Jay, I almost want to look at my inventory and see what I could offer but then again, I ain't selling my stuff so people can stick it in their hair. At the same time I can't be mad at any suppliers or Whiting etc.... for raising prices because well, that's what the game is all about isn't it.

I was never much of a saddle guy any way.... a dry fly deserves a cape feather....

grgoding@yahoo.com

yeah, I use to have a whole bunch of #1 Hoffman grizzly necks but they were given away when I quit tying dries, or I'll rephrase that when I couldn't see the hook to tie them.
    The Super Saddles can tie down to 18's and if you really pick the hackles you'll find some 20's. The saddles could be gone tomorrow

Jay

Hi Darian, Thank you but I don't wear the feathers! I use them to tie flies with!!!! I just posted pictures so that people could see what they are using them for!!!

Don't know how people are getting my email but I have received 4 messages for long feathers. Looks like most are from the LA area. Damn, I have one offer for the Hoffman - $350.00. I'll take a couple more offers then SELL. It could be my new G12 camera

Jay

wow, $350 isn't bad at all. I pulled out a gold grade grizzly, never been opened last night.... 12"-14" long feathers..... Don't think $350 would do it for me even though that's much more than what I paid for it. I have a silver grade midge saddle as well but feather's weren't quite as long but they sure are slender. I was never much into dyed hackle feathers so those were the only grizzly I had except a flatwing utility saddle but it's not so great.

I was surprised at how many saddles I actually have though, but now that I think about it I was on a quest when I started tying again to have matching saddles and necks in the most popular colors. I still need a good cree. I tried Conranch a few times but I just get blown off for that and a whole jungle cock skin.

grgoding@yahoo.com