Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trinity

God Im embarrassed to be a steelheader right now!

Everyone come fishing with me, and I will prove to you there is no such thing as a steelhead

Quote Originally Posted by jbird View Post
    God Im embarrassed to be a steelheader right now!

Why? Shouldn't take thing so personal. This whole thread is typical banter here, or any flyfishing steelhead forum. Funny thing is, the gear guys are a little more civil than the flyguys. I did say little now, they have their problems too.

Default LOL

Until 3 years ago I lived in Yuba City for 21 years and for the ten years preceeding I fished the "river Y" as many as 3-4 days week. When I would post about a particularly good trip, WOW would I get slammed. One would think that I was giving the GPS coordinates of a secret, hidden, mountain stream 30 minutes from downtown Sacramento that was loaded with 3 lb wild browns...not a very public, roadside fishery frequently promoted in major publications up and down the state. The Trinity is no secret. Three years ago the word was "bring your own rock to stand on". An infrequent fishermen may very well have lucked into a great day on the water (Last week?) and excitedly posted that the river was full of fish. So what. If you have ever fished the river you know the realities. Why knock a newbie? Congratulate him. Lighten up.

My 2 cents worth..Tight lines everhybody. JS

Default The Essence of Steelheading...

I've always enjoyed "beating the odds"...
    No, I'm not a "gambler", but I suspect I've spent as much money on equipment and trips, all for a not so certain "payoff".
    It has been so much fun, I'm not lookin' for a new hobby anytime soon!
    So, if someone hits it lucky on a stream somewhere, anywhere,by beating the odds (whether it be by fishing as all the boats go by, or daring to explore someplace where all the boats aren't) congratulate them and think about how you could pull it off...

J, adjust your sarcasm meter. That thread was pretty tongue in cheek.

I see the original post as a diversionary tactic. Problem is is it was not a very good one.

SS post reminds me of the Tahoe locals complaining about the crowded ski resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyReelFisher View Post
    So my close friend fished the Trinity this weekend, said there was hardly anyone around and plenty of fish!
    Glad to hear your friend had a good day. It's days like that that we can look back on to brighten the tough times in years to come.

I haven't visited this board for quite a while, sad to see the bickering that drove me away is still going on.

For crying out loud fellas, your lives must be much more carefree than mine if a simple thing like someone reporting they had a good day fishing bunches your panties.

Enjoy life, and let others enjoy theirs.