Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kiene's Annual Fly Fishing Expo for 2011

It's today, Saturday April 23, 2011 from 9am till 5pm @ Kiene's Fly Shop.

Corner of fulton and Marconi Avenues accross from Trade Joe's in the old Town & couyntery Village Shopping Ceeter.

Lots of message board people will be there.

We will have name tags.....
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Thanks for another steller Expo Bill. Weather was great, and the company was excellent. So many friends to talk to and not enough time to get 'em all in.
    Always a treat to be able to sit down and yak with Ken Hanley, what a range of knowledge. You've got to be careful when picking Ken's brain, you may just get an avalanche.
    I passed on the casting contest as I could see I was out classed by a long shot, although it looked like the wind was the major factor, it kept starting and stopping several times while someone was casting.

Hatch, sorry about the drool on your boat buddy, I couldn't stop myself. And if you'r missing a bottle of beer from you cooler, um, it was Phil. He took it.

The name tags were a good idea, thanks for making me put in on David, I had several people spot it and say hi.

I've kind of backed off of my anti kayak stance after seeing Ricky's yaks today. These really do look like serious fishing crafts. Another eye opener.

I'd been looking forward to this for awhile and it did not let me down.

Well done Bill and crew.

And thanks.

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

What a great day. Didn't realize how many people I have come to know at the expo and that actually think I'm OK too.

Lots of interest in the fly tying room. I welcomed an 8 year old to the brotherhood after his first flytying kit was now part of his arsenal.
    I was surprised how many people were asking about shad flies. They were planning on gettin after the shad in a serious way.

Thanks for everything, Terry and Jim looked great and they have inspired me to try and drop a few pounds. This is gonna be tough!

The day was just what I needed. Thanks for all the effort!!

Bob

Default Thanks to all who attended.....

Actually everyone who comes makes it happen.

Normally something like this will slow down after 5 to 10 years but we broke another $$$ record.

Last year was our biggest Expo as far as sales go and again this year was even bigger.

Yesterday our sales were 10 times an average day for the shop which will really help us.

Thanks to all the company reps, fly tiers, fly clubs, casting demos, PowerPoint shows, fishing guides and volunteers who all help make our annual day a wonderful event.

I have been in this retail fishing tackle business in Sacramento now for over 40 years so I saw a lot of people I know yesterday. It was cool......

BSing is my favorite thing to do.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Grrrreat day! Man I love this event. "Serious fun!"

Thank you Bill & Marilyn for once again giving me such an awesome platform "to do my thing." I'm honored to have your support.

Kiene Staff.........Two thumbs up. (Bill, Jim, Terry, and all) You guys are simply the best. Nuff said.

Attendees......... Much respect for your support and good vibes. You are one dedicated group of fly flingers! (Ed you are plain whacko and that suits me just fine amigo.)

Reps/Guides/Tyers......... I don't get much opportunity to spend time with you, but certainly appreciate your energy and efforts to keep us all fishing.

Hey how about we do it all over agin next year? OK it's already on my calendar.
    Cheers, Ken
    Last edited by k.hanley; 04-24-2011 at 11:12 AM.
    Love the challenge...What try? No try. Just do!

Damn, sounds like I missed a good event, no great event. I hated to miss it but I had family things come up which needed more attention. I always enjoy seeing and talking to people in the fly fishing community. I'll be this next year, if god is willing and the waters don't rise to high.
    I'm on my way to baja this week for my extended 10 week run. Sounds like there's still some Yellow tails in the area with roosters and dorado are starting to make the show.
    I'll be posting reports and sending video's shot with my new Canon G12 and the GoPro Hero.

I have a few spots left in my Oct 1- 8 trip. If you're interested dropped me an email

Happy Easter

Jay

We had a great turnout............and good weather too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EXPO 2011-Easter 311 copy.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	2923  
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

After I left the show at 10:00 and headed to Reno we hit snow flurry on the highway near Truckee, the real light fluffy stuff that doesn't stick. I am glad to hear that weather didn't get you. Hopefully next year I will be able to stay longer.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Thumbs up Da Expo....

This thing just keeps getting better.... Spent some time at the fly tying tables and the requisite amount of $$$$ to make sure Bill/Marilyn have a good retirement. As always, seeing old friends and BS'ing was the highlight for me. Altho, the raspberry ribbon ice cream was outstanding....

The enjoyed my time with the tyer's. Ken finally showed me what to do with "Bird Fur" and it wasn't at all what I expected.... Charlie Bisharat continues to amaze me with his igenuity. Some of the ideas/materials he's working on would easily solve some of the mystery of tying an action packed Lamprey imitation. Look out Stripers. Saw David Lee tying a hot looking Crawdad for a youngsters benefit and Mike Henle packin' some hair. Didn't get a chance to spend much time with mike, tho. Mike's a great conversationalist and ties a mean deer hair frog. Hope Mike'll forgive me for missing our usual conversation....

I'm beginning to see some benefits in the use of a Yak. I'm gonna look into it a bit more before buying, tho.

Again, great expo. Always look forward to 'em.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

I would have loved to have gone, but our local FF club was having their banquet that night, and we live 4 hours away.

Jay's lying.