Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lower Owens River Guides?

Default Lower Owens River Guides?

Anyone have any recommendations for guides on the Lower Owens. I am planning to be in the eastern Sierra over spring break (mid-April), and would like to drift the river.

Thanks in advance.

JW

check you pms in a moment..

Dave Neal is a member here and overall good guy. I did a 1/2 day with him and found him to be a lot of fun, good teacher and knows the area cold. Most anybody over there can get you on fish, but Dave is the one I'd recommend. -Mike

http://reelmammothadventures.com/

Dave D'Beaupre is one of the best, and being based out of Bishop is right on the LO.
    http://www.sierratroutmagnet.com/
    BTW, I hear they are having a spectacular winter season right now.

These are all great suggestions. One more to add to the mix - Tom Loe and the guides at Sierra Drifters - www.sierradrifters.com
    "Someone just back of you while you are fishing is just as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you are writing a letter to your girl." - E. Hemingway

Default Thanks

Thanks for the leads!

I highly recommend Dave D'Beaupre at the Sierra Trout Magnet in Bishop. I've guided with him three times, twice on the lower Owens with the last time being New Years Day last Saturday. He took me on a float trip and in addition to putting me on some nice size and quantity of fish, I also learned to double haul, properly strip a streamer, and to tie a couple of knots I've been having trouble with. He is very personable and will work hard to earn your business. I have been with a lot of guides and Dave rates a 9 on a scale of 1 to 10.

The troutfitter in mammoth runs a top notch operation.

I second the vote for Dave D'Beaupre. One of the best guides I have ever fished with.

Default eastern sierra guide

Recommend Joe Contaldi at Performance anglers (performanceanglers.com). Nice guy, good guide.

He's also doing a presentation at the Pleasanton Fly Fishing Show-- on Friday, so you could pick his brain there.
    Betty