Thread: My New Nymphing Setup

Default My New Nymphing Setup

I'm excited about my new nymphing setup for the Truckee River. For my Birthday last month I got this Okuma Helios reel to go along with my Echo Ion 10' Rod I can't wait till I can get out there and give it a try.

I absolutely love Okuma fly reels. The snobs may turn up their noses, but they are great reels!

That's a great set up for a lot of places, Digger...I like Okuma's too. They never let me down. -Mike

I used a 10' 5 wt for a while on the Truckee and loved every minute of it, however I now use a 9'6" 6 wt. I think I lost a tiny bit of control over my drifts, but the casting and fighting ability is nice.

Anyways, your going to love that setup. Stick a pig.
    If he had it his way nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching it

Thanks guys....My wife got me that reel and when it came I was a bit nervous but she said she did some research and found that it had very good ratings. After messing with it and checking the ratings online for myself I think she made a great choice. I know Im going to be happy with it.

I use a cheaper SLV real on my 5wt. I love it, and spare spools aren't too expensive. I really don't see why someone "needs" an expensive reel for 5wt size fish. Let us know how you like the 10' rod, I've been thinking about a 10' 6wt for using in my float tube and nymphing bigger rivers but I haven't made up my mind yet.

Dan
    Last edited by DFrink; 12-05-2010 at 08:40 AM.