Thread: birthday mahi

Default birthday mahi

Went fishing on 11/28, last sunday my 51st birthday. We ran into a bunch of mahi. I tried on the 12wt, but they were afraid of the boat, and could only get them on poppers fished back or on bait, opelu.

It was fun catching them on light tackle.

We ended up getting 11 in all, and I got 7 of them. 7-11

Mahi is back on the menu, Mems
    Don Memmer

Thumbs up Mahi....

Aloha Don,.... Happy belated 51st birthday. You're on the downhill side now.

Like the photo of the Mahi in the water. They sure are fun to catch (and eat). As I'm sitting here in the chilly morning weather, I'm really jealous; seeing you in shorts and a t-shirt. What I'd give for a warm, sunny day....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Don

You must be really good with photoshop because you do NOT look 51.

Happy birthday anyway and I couldnt think of a better way to spend it!

Happy Birthday Mems, 51 that's when I started thinking about retirement and now that's it's happened all I have to look forward to is Baja for 4 to 5 months a year. I sure do miss the shorts and t-shirt weather.

Later

Jay

Default mahalo

Thanks Guys, it was a fun day. I love to shop at Safeway, because they card you when you buy liquor. I say bless you for asking, makes me feel like I am 17 again with a fake ID.
    We had coconut panko encrusted mahi last night with lilikoi butter on top, it was like candy for dinner. Stay warm, and young, Mems.
    Don Memmer

Hey, I had mahi last night but it was frozen and served at a restaurant. Not even close to fresh mahi, plus way over cooked. I think the frozen salmon you get from Costco taste better than what I ate last night. The best fish going is Ono.

Jay