Thread: Thanks to all of you

Default Thanks to all of you

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for sharing info on this site. I had a week off and spent all of it striper fishing on the Delta. I finally had some really good days fly fishing on the delta that is still a little new to me. I bought the book “Fly fishing the California Delta” and set up some fly rods, with the info from that book and this site I think I have a set up that is correct and it really made a difference. You guys have more experience on it and when you share some of that to us new guys it really helps.
    I put together a 9 wt rod with some Rio Outbound T-14, and an 8wt rod with a shooting line and a T-14 shooting head, both were fun but the intergraded Rio line was a lot easier to use. I mostly threw flash tail clousers tied on a 3/0 Mustad jig hook. I will try to post some pics when I can.
    I had 9 days off and fished 7. I tried spooning and even live bait. 90 percent of the stripers came on the fly. I was surprised how effective fly fishing for them can be, by the last 3 days I only fished with the fly and nothing else. I had some great days on the delta, and a new tool to use chasing those stripers. Thanks again.

Congrads to a great week of fishing dog, don't forget to throw some top water while you are out there. I have seen top water stripers on the delta the day after xmas with the air so cold the guides kept freezing on our rods. To me nothing beats a big top water explosion.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Good for you dawg. A lot of us are still learning the ropes when it comes to stripers. Keep it up and keep the reports coming.

Your mom named you dog?

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.