Thread: Lower yuba shuttle?

Default Lower yuba shuttle?

Is there still a shuttle service on the lower Yuba?

Default Yuba River shuttle

Does anyone have a person to shuttle from the bridge to either Sycamore or the dam?? I'm assuming that since the county is taking over the Sycamore access that they will not provide shuttle due to liability issues for the county. I'm not comfortable with leaving my vehicle and trailer at the bridge and would like to find a dependable person to perform the shuttle. I can imagine charging $25 per shuttle would provide someone with daily "walking around" money....

I live in Penn Valley and I am part of the Gold Country Fly Fishers. If you are looking for someone to transport you I would be interested. However so that auto insurance would apply for transporting you I would need to use your vehicle to shuttle.
    I have a nice truck but do not have Taxi insurance. Let me know if you would like to talk.
    Last edited by frequent_flyer; 12-08-2010 at 12:18 AM.

YES!!---I am a wildlife artist and my wife and I bought the red house(s) at the top of Parks Bar road @ Hwy.20 on the lower Yuba over a year ago.We currently have one guest room/cabin with 2-queen sized beds to rent out and will be building a couple more this summer next to our fire pit overlooking the river. I can also park your truck and trailer on my private paved driveway and pick you up in it at a designated time.....(it would parked be inside a gate)

We are designing our place to cater to flyfishers needs...so any input is appreciated.
    I have made a couple of fishing videos, so filming with my camera or yours is also a possibility....

Please take the time to write my number down , if interested-and maybe tape it to a fly box or something, Sooo,when that epic day hits- you can stay another day due to a "fishing emergency".....(great coffee and breakfast tacos included in a nights stay!)--I have even BB-Q'd customers fish and game on my pit ,or made chili/ gumbo,etc.....We won Rough and Ready's chili cookoff last year ,so we're not afraid to mix it up in the kitchen and show people a good time.....

"Keep On Fishin'On"--- For more info: Christopher @(530)639-2521

Thumbs up Service

Great idea/post. If you had a website, you could provide a link on Kiene's website/BB for easy access to your services....

Great addition in the right place.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Very cool! I have your number written down. Raft rentals would be nice with an afternoon/evening pickup at Sycamore or Daguerre . Seems like a no-brainer, but I don't know about insurance or anything.

Unfortunately, the decision is easy to make when you look at liability insurance costs. Insurance on non-guided moving water rentals is incredibly expensive. Would you be willing to pay around $125 a day for a small raft rental, because when you load in all the costs that's about what you're going to be paying?
    Last edited by Bob Laskodi; 12-13-2010 at 08:36 PM.

Default Let's make it a "win/win"

That's great you have the central location on the Yuba River. You can go to almost any river in Montana and they have some form of a shuttle system among the smallest community. Most of the people that perform the shuttle are present when you launch your boat and move your vehicle to the "take out" point and coordinate several groups that are floating the river or you leave a set of keys with the person that coordinates the shuttles. Most of the shuttles cost between $20-30. I rather have my vehicle transported to my take out point that behind a locked gate rather than leave it at the bridge to be looted.

Perhaps you can help setup the shuttle system for the Yuba since Sycamore Ranch isn't going to provide that service. I know they're probably a few retired people that would like some walking around money by doing this type of morning "work".