Thread: Great Lakes v Pacific Northwest

Default Great Lakes v Pacific Northwest

Every now and again this conversation seems to rise up and get some press between different camps. I'm an Easterner who's family moved to the Midwest and then I transplanted myself to the Left Coast. Not bagging on anyone's fishing...just hoping to get a chuckle out of you.

Pressing play will cost you a bit of time. If you don't have a bit of time to sacrifice for my interpretation of humor, don't click the red triangle pointing to the right. Rated R because I'm the byproduct of two U S Marines and a career member of the U S Navy, some words may have too much flavor for your mouths or heat for your ears.

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7674161

Default South park meets north coast uppities versus midwest f-tards

That was F-ing hilarious for sure!

I've never caught a Great Lakes steelie but I would side with older, genotypic characters over shorter-term phenotypic expressions and believe that Great Lakes steelhead could indeed fight as hard or harder than what we have on the left coast.

It also comes down to individual fish. I've had double digit, wild chromers swim right to me and had my ass kicked by a dark hatchery fish.

Anyway, thanks for the laugh.

M

thorougly HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! funniest thing ive seen in a while. even my mom thought it was funny lol

I've caught them both... Hilarious, although it keeps cutting out on my about halfway through. From what I saw... it was pretty good!
    Often wrong, seldom in doubt!

OK, so i tend to agree that Trout, when they hit saltwater, tend to get bigger and stronger than the GL variety, which I have also fished several times.

However, the best fighting trout, sea run or not, that I have ever caught were From the Kvichak River near Bristol Bay. These dudes generally come out of Lake Iliamna even though the rivers all flow to the salt!

There is, however, some evidence that these fish do go out into the ocean occasionally and migrate between rivers in the area like the Nushigak and others, so there ya go! A lake run that is also a sea run. The best of both worlds...

Grant

Thumbs up OrangeRadish Tenkara Tribs....

Tha's whad it be, Bro!!!!
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Default Cartoon

Those are great keep them coming.
    If he had it his way nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching it