Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New TFO BVK fly rods @ Kiene's Fly Shop

Mostly the BVKs feel lighter in the hand.

We carry every TFO fly rod made in stock at Kiene's so if you can get here you can feel and cast them too.

I was in a friend's shop in Florida this week and he said if you are looking at buying a new fly rod under $500 there would be only one he would recommend, the BVK @ $249.00

We both agreed that they priced them too low too.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

We have a new model coming next week....

TFO BVK 9' #6 - 4 pc SW with full wells grip and fighting butt.......Model # 691-4 @ $249.95

**TFO is working on some new BVK sizes that are 9'6" and 10' rods in #4 to 7 weight right now that should be out in the fall.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Default new TFO

The 6wt merits a serious look. My favorite one hand rod is a St Croix 6wt saltwater
    model. The fighting butt was the real selling point for me. Use it both fresh and salt.
    It can sling both dry flies and sink tips. Price is mid $300's.
    Best, Larry S
    Last edited by Larry S; 04-30-2011 at 03:54 PM. Reason: add price

Just talked with Rick from TFO.... Looks like they will be coming out with a 12wt BVK especially for us salt water boys. Possibly sometime in July. This October should be a good test on the rod with the yellow fin.
    I'm going after a marlin with the TFO Blue water BB. I've got enough line capacity, just hope the rod has the backbone and doesn't explode.

Jay

Default BVK 10' 6wt

Seen these on the tfo site
    Can you guys at Keines get me one?

I think they are made in Korea, I know, I know, most everything is made overseas these days. Well close maybe but not everything, with our own manufacturers and small business's struggling without much help from our govt. to keep trade with foreign manufacturers on a level playing field, I have never been as conscious about buying US made as I am these days.
    They are fine rods, and I have been using one for several years but personally I am done buying foreign if I have another viable choice. I don't mind paying more for real US made.
    Off my soap box now.

I was out casting my new BVK 12wt. What a canon. I loaded the rod with a 12wt F/I line and then 30' LC13. I can't wait to have a big rooster on the other end pulling and tugging on the other end. I'm recommending to all my clients to try out the BVK's or TiCrX series if you need to purchase a new rod. I also have 20 rods in La Paz that are for rentals for those that don't want to buy a heavy rod.
    For those that would like to catch a bill fish, I will have a new 14 wt rod this year. It's a custom made rod built by Dennis Papike from Oakhurst.

Jay