Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fisherman/boat access below Hwy 20 bridge (Yuba)

Hammond is much farther downstream from where this is taking place. The salmon don't spawn in the area just below Englebright because the riverbed is not adequate for it due to the shot rock accumulation...

If you check out the links that royewest provided, it will make more sense....
    - Robin

"Yes, size does matter..."

Question Yuba Proposal....

Not to make the situation more complicated but I was doing some research on Westlands recently and noticed Agenda Item 7., from their Water Policy Sub-Committee titled: Proposed Yuba Accord Purchase. The date of these minutes was 10/16/10. No other info available about this on the website. I'm wondering if anyone involved with the current project has heard anything about Westlands acquiring an interest in lands along the Yuba....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Geez - no, I hadn't heard anything about it... can't really speak for anyone else.

Thank you for the heads up! Can you send me the link to that?
    - Robin

Default Westlands....

Check your PM's....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Darian View Post
    Not to make the situation more complicated but I was doing some research on Westlands recently and noticed Agenda Item 7., from their Water Policy Sub-Committee titled: Proposed Yuba Accord Purchase. The date of these minutes was 10/16/10. No other info available about this on the website. I'm wondering if anyone involved with the current project has heard anything about Westlands acquiring an interest in lands along the Yuba....
    Maybe Westlands is buying water that flowed down the Yuba River? I don't think that particular document (Yuba Accord) as it is commonly referred to has to do with westlands or land purchases necessarily.

Thumbs up Proposal....

Amoeba,.... Maybe. I was thinking more along the lines of past history with the purchase of land along the McCloud and in the flood plain in Yolo County. There was no mention of any negotiations with Yuba or Sutter Counties or their water agencies....

Author unknown

Default Yuba Accord....

Amoeba,.... Just re-read your post and found myself wondering of there is a document called "....Yuba Accord...." as indicated in your post. If you have any info on this, please advise.

Author unknown

google it and you shall receive

From http://www.usbr.gov/mp/nepa/nepa_pro...oject_ID=2549:
    Title:
    Lower Yuba River Accord EIS/EIR
    Site:
    Summary:
    The Yuba Accord includes three separate but interrelated agreements that would result in enhancement of fisheries protection on the lower Yuba River, increase certainty of local supply reliability, and provide DWR and Reclamation with increased operational flexibility for protection of Delta fisheries resources through the EWA Program, and provision of supplemental water supplies to state and federal water contractors.

12/05/2007:
    NOI published June 20, 2005. Draft EIS/EIR available for public review on June 25, 2007 - see files below. Appendices F and G were too large for data base access. A DVD or bound copy of entire document is available from Dianne Simodynes, telephone: (916) 569-1096. Final EIR/EIS available on December 6, 2007.

Also found this: http://www.usbr.gov/mp/cvo/OCAP/docs/OCAP_BA_001.pdf

What do you make of it Darian?
    - Robin

Post Yuba Accord....

Thanks everyone for the info, links. Looks like Amoeba is correct. The accord mentioned in the document link was for transfer of water. That answers my concern. The document was created in 2008 and appears to be a response to Judge Wangers decision in USDC to limit diversions from the delta until certain actions are completed. Sorry for the summation, there's too much info in the document to digest in a short period.

Author unknown