Thread: Davis Lake Fish

Default Davis Lake Fish

Here's some pics I snapped of the fish I was catching at davis all fall. You can see the boils and crud on them. I caught hundreds of these. These are the 14-17" fish that are the bulk of the fish population in the lake right now. Most on average are the size of that one right there. I don't know what this stuff exactly is but when I got into big numbers of fish I was landing a lot of these fish and they all had this stuff on them and others had a reddish/raspberry rash which I didn't get any pics of as I dropped my camera in the water(it's working now). If I go again I will try and get a pic of the red/raspberry rash fish. I am not sure what this stuff is. So I am not sure if this is something new. Any biologists out there that know exactly what this crud is?

Below is the slightly larger size of the overall population.

I also caught a few nice clean greenback fish 17-22" this fall but I believe they were recently planted brood stock which cadfg dropped in on sept 19th and I believe them to be few in number. And since everyone kills the larger clean fish I doubt they will be around much longer.

.......Eww.......

Some pretty nasty looking stuff. The red rash crap is even more gross. I'll try and get some pics, maybe this time i won't drop my camera in.....

Quote Originally Posted by Blueracer View Post
    .......Eww.......
    Last edited by 1flyfisher; 11-20-2010 at 12:12 AM.