Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Midge Fly Swap

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I live in Cool!

Thats Cool! <---Kinda gets old huh. I just moved into A.L.T. I'm loving it.

The Rec lake has big bass and GIANT grass carp. like 40+lbers. I havent caught one of the grass carp yet, but ive seen them a bunch of times. That would be a ride on the 8wt.

Cool has an really nice mountain bike trail right in town, they do a race every February and so far I believe it has always been raining and cold. I did it a couple of years ago and it was a blast.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Well, received swap flies in the mail today from Woolybugger and Scott V.! Man, you fellas are going to love fishing the flies you get out of this swap, with lots of food for thought for future tying as well.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Quote Originally Posted by BigOkieWhiteBoy916 View Post
    Hey guys. I just moved to Cool. I have a few done, but they are in a box somewhere. I will try to get them out Saturday. If you don't want to wait you can drop me from the swap. Sorry I forgot how crazy moving is. I haven't even been fishing since Nov 6.......
    That's Cool. With catch&release's flies already on the way, Jeff mailing his tomorrow, and you mailing yours the next day, it sounds like all the flies will be in some time next week hopefully. I'll continue to post when each set of flies is received. The plan is, once I get 'em all in and sorted, I'll post again when I send 'em out.

Good luck with the move! If your move is anything like the ones I've done, you'll still be figuring out where stuff is 6 months from now . . . hopefully, that doesn't include your vise.
    -- Mike

Got swap flies from catch&release today! Awesome flies too, very, very pretty.

When I look at his flies and some of the others, it occurs to me this is the perfect time to hold a midge swap, as so many of the pupa patterns in particular look like miniature Christmas ornaments. Appropriately so too, as I recall Don Holbrook wrote in his book "Midge Magic" that when he once shined a flashlight in the mouth of a trout, it appeared to be full of what looked like sparkling diamonds. They were midges of course.

Well, based on a prior post, I thought catch&release was going to include 50 glass beads with his swap flies as a thank you for hosting. I think he made a mistake because he included over 170. More than a half dozen colors too and perfect for tying up beadheaded midges and other small nymph/caddis larva patterns. Absolutely too cool. Catch&release, thank you very, very much, very much appreciated!
    -- Mike

Glad you like the flies and the beads, just put a pinch of beads in the envelope so didnt know how many beads but glade to see that you like them. Those beads are fantastic for Pyramid midges because those fish are very color happy.

Maybe in end of January or beginning of February we can meet up at Pyramid and put them to good use.

Ernie.

Well, just a quick update . . . . Received a PM from Jeff yesterday stating his flies are in the mail. BigOkie said he would try to get his in the mail Saturday but I don't know if he was able to do so -- he was in the process of moving; hopefully, he'll see this and provide an update. As swapmeister, I assure you I will turn these flies around and get 'em all out to you immediately once they're in.
    -- Mike

Received flies from Jgoding today! Man, you look at these things and you expect them to start wiggling. Great flies!

Well, sure hope to hear very soon how BigOkie is coming along. . . .
    -- Mike