Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Midge Fly Swap

Flies in the mail today!

Made a mistake on the receipt. Should be Tiemco Hook 2487, not 2187. Didnt want to take the time to reprint. Also would advise that you tie these on a 2457 for Pyramid Lake. I ran out of 2457 so thats why I tied them on 2487. Also make sure you pinch down the barbs, I left them on so the fly would stay in the receipt cards.

Thanks and enjoy!

P.S.

Put about 50 extra beads in the package for the swap master, just my way of saying thanks.

Done...size 20 Stuck In The Shuck Midges.

-Ben

Ben, those look great! More evidence of the very nice variety of flies coming in. By the way, I PM'd you the address for mailing 'em in.

On another note, I have received some awesome swap flies from Jay, Nomadic Fisherman, and nrvi! Must say, there are a lot of talented tyers that frequent this board, and I am quite impressed with the quality of the flies coming in. Enough so that I'm now thinking I may tie up another dozen midges with a little more to 'em than what I had tied.

I must also note that Jay very generously included what I believe to be a furled leader as a gift for hosting. I say "believe" because I've never actually seen one in person, although I've read up quite a bit on them in the past and have always been curious to try one. Thanks Jay, a great surprise and truly appreciated!!
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Thanks Mike! Let me know how that leader works out for you. I've just started making them. It is treated to float, but you may have to grease it from time to time.

Ben, that is a sweet lookin fly!

Mike, send addy to me please, I should be finished Sunday.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Just extending a friendly reminder that tomorrow (12/15/10) is the due date for mailing in your swap flies, if you haven't done so already.
    -- Mike

Mine are waiting for the mailman to pick them up right now, I hope you all enjoy my Midnight Lightning.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Quote Originally Posted by Scott V View Post
    Mine are waiting for the mailman to pick them up right now, I hope you all enjoy my Midnight Lightning.
    That sounds like a cheap wine -- are you also sending flies?
    -- Mike

Mine will go out Friday, a little late, but they'll be out.

Jeff
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

Hey guys. I just moved to Cool. I have a few done, but they are in a box somewhere. I will try to get them out Saturday. If you don't want to wait you can drop me from the swap. Sorry I forgot how crazy moving is. I haven't even been fishing since Nov 6.......