Thread: Lower Sac

Default Lower Sac

Awesome day! We arrived at The Fly Shop at 7:30am this morning with a little push from a 40mph south wind and lots of standing water on I5 for the Hemi to glide through. Duck hunting anyone? The guides were on the phone re-sheduling with clients based on current conditions and professional predictions. I don't blame them. The Weather Channel called it right because as of 9am Standard Time...10am Day Light Savings Time, the wind became a breeze and we were forced to peel the layers steaming from a late summer sun and working the riffles.
    Today the action and fun seemed to be out of the boat wading weightless shallows and side channels. Lets just say...a piece a beef jerky and a green label to start thing off ended up being the main staple of the day. Are sandwiches good for 24 hours??? We're not talking numbers...but size!!! These fish are fat and really mean at the moment. Probably too much protein. That's right...Egg patterns and #18 droppers that were zebra-ish, bird's nest-ish and PT-ish. Kids in a candy store working the upper stretches of Sundial and my newbies instantly realized the advantage of taxi-ing the Lower Sac in a 1652. Looking forward to tomorrow. FYI...I'm aware of this rivers moodiness and am completely content with todays results. Leave the 4X in the truck.
    Last edited by matooka; 11-07-2010 at 11:36 PM.