Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small Streams still good?

The rainbows in the MFFR this year seem average to me, but you will get thicker and bigger fish when you use meat and potato flies. There is a awesome small mouth fishery from Clio upstream to Beckworth, but I have yet to tap into it, so much water so little time. I really like the carp fishing though, such a challenge!

Jon.
    "I fish, I write, I travel, and I'm hungry for more!"
    http://jonbaiocchiflyfishingnews.blogspot.com/

http://www.baiocchistroutfitters.com/
    The premier fly fishing guide service for the northern sierra.

Default learned "cheating tip"

Absolutely, sub-surface indicaters. Painted my spilt shot a very bright red color above my flies. With keen focus watched the red-indicator "move" and bam. Worked like a charm. One of the best tips for small stream fishing i've ever heard. All fish were trophies in my book. Thanks Mr Ralph Cutter. P.s. If he is out there(Mr. Cutter)-If you sold that "Fish lies, Trout Behavior" seminar on DVD you would make millions$. Thanks again.

Default sj shuffle

Whats the SJ shuffle? Never heard that before. Anyone

Jesse,

Check out Ralph's DVD Bugs of the Underworld or his book Fish Food. You be amazed at how much you can learn from him, great stuff.

Oh, and The Truckee, Little Truckee, East Carson, and East Walker all fish great throughout the winter. They are all in good shape right now and can access all. Truckee and East Walker are probably the best of them in the winter months.

John
    Last edited by Fochetti; 11-17-2010 at 10:16 PM.
    If he had it his way nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching it