Thread: Throw me a Big Brown Bone

Default Throw me a Big Brown Bone

Joey and I would like to get a Big CA Brown before the season closes. We will be up in Dunsmuir area around Halloween and are thinking about Hitting the McCloud for a day. Joey has never been to the McCloud. We could use some advice on a location that would be good for throwing large streamers. We are also thinking about hitting the Truckee and Little Truckee and have very little experience fishing those rivers. I'm not asking for your secret spot but if you could give us a location or an exit to work with we'll figure it out from there. Please feel free to PM me offline or send me a e-mail @jetax@sbcglobal.net.

Thanks,

Jet
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope" - unknown author

Shasta tributaries. Not CA but you might consider hitting the Klamath/Agency tribs. Gorgeous drive from Weed to K Falls. Some scary browns this time of year.

Thumbs up Browns....

Since you'll be in the area anyway (McCloud), the upper Sacramento will have some Browns in it (moving up from Shasta). Check with Bill Carnazzo at Kiene's for current info.

Good luck.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown