Thread: Ralph Cutter Presentation - California Fly Fishers Unlimited (CFFU) Nov 2 meeeting

Exclamation Ralph Cutter Presentation - California Fly Fishers Unlimited (CFFU) Nov 2 meeeting

“Finding Trout and Getting the Grab!” – November 2 Meeting CFFU

CFFU is honored to have Ralph Cutter, a renowned author and fly fishing instructor, speak at our November 2 meeting. Cutter and his wife Lisa will put on a lively and entertaining presentation to help fly fishers learn where to look for trout, how to see them, and analyze their feeding behavior. Understanding trout behavior is a key to finding the right fly to fish and how to use it. They will use close up photography, digital graphics, and incredible underwater video to educate the audience.

Two books written by Cutter include "Sierra Trout Guide" and "Fish Food". The couple has also published a DVD on entomology and fishing feeding habits that features underwater video. They operate California School of Fly Fishing in Nevada City with classes in Truckee.

The business meeting starts at 7 pm on Tuesday, November 2, 2010 at Camp Pollock (Boy Scout Camp), 1501 Northgate Blvd., Sacramento. A fly tying demonstration is also scheduled to start at 6:15.

Guests, who are interested in fly fishing, are welcome to come to the meeting.

A map and more information are available at www.cffu.org.

I would highly advise everyone here to try to make this meeting.

The CFFU would love to have lots of new visitors.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

OK.. I marked it down and hope to make the trek from the Bay Area. Ralph is stuffed with info as I have his books. Well worth the drive. Hope to see you there Bill.

Default Reminder - Ralph Cutter Presentation Tuesday Nov 2

If you are in or around Sacramento on Tuesday come on by the CFFU meeting to hear a presentation by Ralph Cutter. Meeting starts at 7 pm.

More info and directions = www.cffu.org

Thank you for hosting me. Good crowd, great club and reception. Thanks again.
    ~Ralph

Great presentation Ralph, and those that missed it, you missed a great one.

Excellent presentation! I've already painted my weights white and yellow, what a great idea.

What's the background on painting the weights?

Default Painting Weights

Ralph suggested painting the split shot a bright color (white, orange, yellow) to make it easier to find your fly. He also said you can put them as close a 4" from the fly and the proximity and color will not scare off the trout.

The best way to paint split shot (if you use lead) is to pinch a several dozen onto a string and stretch the string between two points. PRIME the shot with primer then paint one coat of white, let dry then paint your finish color. If you paint your finish color directly on the lead without a white base coat it looks pretty dirty. Lead primer and lead (jig) paint can be found at any hobby shop and most tackle shops.