Thread: Large Large mouth

Default Large Large mouth

Really was a non eventful day about 1pm, morning had came and went with only a few small mouth on top. Nothing too big or worth a picture made a run to to quiet slough that i had never fished. Flying around corner after corner scanning the banks, mats and seams pushing my way back into the small slough. When a sunken boat caught my eye, throttled back, heart jumped really looked fishy. River split in two in this spot, out came the trolling motor and as if it were meant to be, one cast to the base of the sunken boat and wham fish on. Got to love when it all come together. Fish was 8.75 pounds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3381.jpg 
Views:	612 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	2133  
    Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

Why didn't I get a call? I see how it is Dan...LOL

Nice Fish Bro!

That's a really nice LMB!

Oh man, what a great fish, congratulations! May I ask what you got her on?
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Thumbs up Big bad bass....

WOW!!! That's a real toad!!! Good looking Black Bass!!! Congrats!!!
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Great fish, congratulations!!! Its gonna take the Jaws of life to get that memory out of your head. That was a monster, had to put a serious struggle I am sure.

Hairstacker got her on a crawdad pattern I recently made up. Basically tied Clouser style EC 2/0 jig. Tied in brown orange with mono eyes and green zonker body. I will post it on the tying board just have to make another, lost my only one to a stump.
    Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by zen View Post
    Hairstacker got her on a crawdad pattern I recently made up. Basically tied Clouser style EC 2/0 jig. Tied in brown orange with mono eyes and green zonker body. I will post it on the tying board just have to make another, lost my only one to a stump.
    Thanks! How unfortunate you lost the fly . . . I think I would have instantly retired it after a fish like that.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.