Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rude And Unsafe Boat Club

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Alessio View Post
    A fast Bass boat up on plane actually moves less water than when off plane at moderate speed...I miss my Bass boat...
    Very true. What I meant was actually dropping down to idle speed.

It is getting cold in the mornings again. I'm gonna be missing my old fish 'n ski with the windshield pretty soon.

Welcome to weekend's on the Delta. If your on the main stem of any water on earth, especially on weekends this is the norm.
    The more people I meet, the more I love my dog.

Team Stinky Duck

Weekends are a pain on the Delta, still we were out on a Thur.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggH View Post
    Welcome to weekend's on the Delta. If your on the main stem of any water on earth, especially on weekends this is the norm.
    The warm weather had the big, pleasure boaters out in force last weekend. There was another large group of cruisers, making a tour(they made a loop around some islands)where I was fishing. Besides that group, there seemed to be a constant stream of large boats heading up the SJ. The wakes were brutal. Had a run in with a group of wave runners, and a guy who would not go around me and the levee I was fishing. Both times I was less than 50 yards off the bank making casts. The guy was defiant when he passed between me and the bank. I had to stop mid cast, so I wouldn't nail a wave runner with 3 people on it. I don't get too worked up over stuff like that. It just ruins MY day.

It'll get better as it cools down.

briansII, weekend warrior

"Hello Marine Sheriff, white boat, blue trim. Hull Numbers xyxyxyxyx. It looked like they were snorting cocaine on deck, I swear."

Don't complain, get even.

Worst is the damm Marine Sheriff and Coast Guard, they have those "no wake" motors which are really "a 30kn wake when they really are going 70kn." They come by at like 70mph!

Default Big boats

It was the annual Stag weekend at the St. Francis Yacht club. Happens every year at this time. Big boats, men only and some entertainment. I've seen some of the "talent" shows over the years(on the water). Just follow the parade of boats.

Default Bull Horn

I know the general area you speak of and it seems like at least twice a season a convoy pulls off the SJ and heds into a cut, but never slows down or even idles. I think I a m going to get a bullhorn, call to the boaters, advise them that I am about to report them to the coast guard of they do not drop their wake immediately.
    When all else fails, put down the pole and swim with the dog.

Put a 30 foot long tv cable between two floats and have fun. Only thing better than a ruined prop is watching a ski-dooer fly 50 feet before a wet face plant...

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Chimenti View Post
    I know the general area you speak of and it seems like at least twice a season a convoy pulls off the SJ and heds into a cut, but never slows down or even idles. I think I a m going to get a bullhorn, call to the boaters, advise them that I am about to report them to the coast guard of they do not drop their wake immediately.
    .....but I think there is a law against using a bullhorn in public. You'll get a ticket! : )