Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any addvice for the lower Yuba ?

Default Any addvice for the lower Yuba ?

I am thinking about going for a drift from the bridge to Sycamore with a buddy this Saturday and was wondering if there are any fish to be C&R'ed. I am a rookie at the fly fishing thing but I will bring my loaned fly rod. Any advice on what type of fly and dropper fly would be appreciated, all though I will mostly fish plugs and rapalas.
    Thanks for any help,
    Russ
    HOG-ON

The "What's Hot and What's Not" fishing report (which Kiene's staff contribute to) has a regular section on the Yuba, with fly recommendations:

http://fishfirst.com/whandwn_current.html

Most regional fly shops (in my neighborhood, FishFirst! -- in Sacramento, Kiene's -- etc.) have expertise in the Yuba and specific flies, leaders, etc., for sale that have good success on the Yuba.

Somebody help this turkey out. You know where you can stick your plug?

Quote Originally Posted by royewest View Post
    The "What's Hot and What's Not" fishing report (which Kiene's staff contribute to) has a regular section on the Yuba, with fly recommendations:

http://fishfirst.com/whandwn_current.html

Most regional fly shops (in my neighborhood, FishFirst! -- in Sacramento, Kiene's -- etc.) have expertise in the Yuba and specific flies, leaders, etc., for sale that have good success on the Yuba.
    Thank you for your advice Royewest

Quote Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post

Just so you know Eric. The guy you're making fun of is a good friend of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by BigOkieWhiteBoy916 View Post
    Just so you know Eric. The guy you're making fun of is a good friend of mine.

LITTLE GEORGE IS MY FRIEND

Quote Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
    Why so negative? The guy is asking about FFing.
    Last edited by Jaybinder; 09-18-2010 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Re-thought

Maybe I'm wrong, but to me it sounded like he is one of those guys that just logs on to piss off fly fishermen. The "Although I will mostly fish plugs and rapalas" part made it sound that way, but maybe I'm wrong. Sorry, but if you're trying to get fly fishing advice, why would you end it like that. Why would you C & R with plugs and rapalas in the first place? That's gonna tear the $#$% out of the fish's mouth.

If you are going to use plugs and rappallas on the Lower Y please remember that the regs require a "single" barbless hook. You will need to swap out the trebbles.

Quote Originally Posted by windwalker View Post
    If you are going to use plugs and rappallas on the Lower Y please remember that the regs require a "single" barbless hook. You will need to swap out the trebbles.
    Thanks windwalker, I only fish single barbles plugs on any river I fish, infact I can not remember the last time I retained a fish (trout,steelhead) Any way a friend (Bigoakie) has peeked my intrest for fly fishing and I joined this board to learn more about it. I also under stand some people dont't like newbees,so I will just deal with it. Again thanks for your advice windwalker.
    Strange, other boards I belong to seem to welcome new members.
    Russ
    HOG-ON