Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Foam Swap

Mike O Guest

If the group wants, My wife is organizing a Craft and food fair for my Kid's School (Plainfield Elementary, outside Woodland.) I am tying up a couple dozen Hopper/Copper/Dropper sets to include in the fair.

I would gladly take the extras, throw a few in to make a dozen, and donate them there.

Unless someone has somewhere better, then I am +1 to Borba's suggestion

+ 1 as well
    RAS

I like Scott's suggestion or some other introduction-to-flyfishing venue for kids. I also support Woolybugger just keeping 'em for his efforts as swapmeister.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Quote Originally Posted by maodiver View Post
    If the group wants, My wife is organizing a Craft and food fair for my Kid's School (Plainfield Elementary, outside Woodland.) I am tying up a couple dozen Hopper/Copper/Dropper sets to include in the fair.

I would gladly take the extras, throw a few in to make a dozen, and donate them there.

Unless someone has somewhere better, then I am +1 to Borba's suggestion
    Unless someone objects, this sounds like a good cause to me. Maodiver will be getting the extra set. I hope to get everything in the mail on Monday or Tuesday so you guys can be fishing your new flies by the weekend!

I had originally signed up to do a terrestrial trio (hopper, ant, beetle). However, we had another swapper sign up for an ant and Hairstacker's hopper very similar to what I had in mind (don't worry, everyone is WAY better off with the hopper that Hairstacker tied). I decided to honor the beetle, but tied up some mice instead of the ant and hopper. They came out pretty good, except I ran out of grey rabbit zonkers and had to switch over to a different color for the last three.

I'm looking forward to sending all of the sets out, as you will all be very impressed with the variety and quality of the flies that everyone tied. GREAT JOB!

-Ben

All packages have been mailed. They should get to everyone Wednesday.

-Ben

Mike O Guest

Got both sets. Thanks a lot guys, they all look great!! Plainfield School thanks you as well!!

Wow! Got a box of bugs today.They do look great! Thanks to all. I never thought to include a tag with my name.
    Thank you Ben for puting this together, ( my first swap )
    RAS

Default Got flies today

Thanks guys. Something for everyone and everyfish.
    Mike

Got my box of flies in the mail today and they are really nice. I am sorry that mine looks horrible compared to the others, but it catches fish. Job well done to everyone, thank you.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Got my swap flies today! Great flies with some really cool takes on foam I've never seen before. Thank you everyone and especially to Ben for hosting!
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.