Thread: What light and magnifier for fly tying?

Default What light and magnifier for fly tying?

I'd appreciate recommendations for a light and magnifier for fly tying. My old eyes need that help. I'm a beginner. Thank you.

Cool Magnifier/light Combo

I've had the same problem for about the last 15 years. I found some choices at University Art Stores or Aaron Brothers Art stores. There're plenty of choices. I tried a small model that had an extendable arm and a cover that slid over the lens and light if needed. It wasn't ever needed and I went thru several of them before I realized that I needed a heavier duty lamp/lens combo. I don't recall the name of the model but the current one clamps to the table, has an adjustable arm, a centered magnifying lens with a neon( ), true color, wraparound light. Very powerful and easy to use. Costs around $50.00 but worth every penny, IMHO.

Before I found this one, I looked in all of the chain stores and couldn't find anything that I had already tried and found to be unsatisfactory.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Smile

Ah, that would do the trick for me. Fits my budget and my need. I'll start looking for the gadget in the morning, on-line first. Thanks a bunch, Darian!

Quote Originally Posted by jnesheim View Post
    I'd appreciate recommendations for a light and magnifier for fly tying. My old eyes need that help. I'm a beginner. Thank you.
    Something like this Giraffe?