Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is it safe reasonably to park at Watt Ave now

Default Been Three Times, Unscathed!

I've been three times on the American Parkway in the last 10 days, once in the evening and twice early morning. I know Sacramento isn't Mayberry, but Gheez!!! The most dangerous part is worrying that some 90 lb, 50 yr old woman power-walking is gonnna hit my pickup as I'm crossing the bike trail!

Hey I hear ya Redguitar! The old gal took out my window and stole my clothes.

....she has an amazing trick when she takes her false teeth out....watch out!

I hear that's how she breaks the window! Some, I've heard, use a spark plug. Not Grannie. Titanium teeth! Used the same teeth to jack a catalytic converter! Talk about Jaws.

Default shattered glass

Drove through William B. Pond last night around 7 p.m. Just three stalls down from the pay station someones window fell short. Glass all over the asphalt. I would truely love to take those thiefs heads off with my Woodsman's Pal or just a nice piece of hickory. That happend to me years ago at upper sunrise. They cleaned my truck out, never parked there since. I'm still STEAMIN!

You guys dont even need to be violent. And none of you are gonna do anything violent anyway, or id have read about it already in the newspaper. Use a real shitty car and dont wash or comb your hair. Bring some frozen gatorades for the heat and hang out in the parking lot. Just write down the license plates of the hoodlems, and the make/model/description of vehicle and description of person and their clothing. Watch them break a window even for christs sake! The police take it SERIOUSLY then. Then call the Sheriff, AND the COPS AND the CHP with that info. DONT CALL 911, call each of the specific agency phone numbers. Even if they dont get them right then, they will track them down like they did that Placerville bunch...do you remember how much stuff that one group had stolen and still in a storage unit and their house?

Usually what you have is a two to three man team. Like Steelies26c3 said, one stays up top, one cases the cars. They might come in one or two vehicles. Always think about getting make/model vehicle and GOOD description of people. "Late model 80's sedan. Mostly blue, peeling paint, with dent to right rear quarterpanel. CA plates, first digits 2XLF4.... White male, early 40's, balding, white t shirt, blue jean shorts."

People, call the cops and "exaggerate," telling them the person looks like they were "casing vehicles." Make the report as an "anonymous caller." The cops WILL come. Those scum talk amongst themselves. If word gets out where they get harassed, they will not stick around. Be vigilant. Its your community they parasitize from.

This is how you get crooks in the city. Maybe dont fish one day? This is not as hopeless as you all make it out to be. Theres probably 8 crooks working it and 50 kienes guys pissing and moaning...

Settles whether or not Im coming today tho....
    Last edited by wjorg; 09-12-2010 at 01:36 PM.