Thread: Upper Sac Info

Default Upper Sac Info

Hey all,

I posted this in the lodging section also, but thought I'd post here too in case anyone has any information regarding expected flows and water temps.

Thinking about going to fish the upper sac in late September. My sister, her husband and my 2 year old neice are coming out to visit, so looking for a cabin to rent for the weekend. Any suggestions would be appreciated if anyone knows of a relatively affordable cabin to rent up there preferably on the water where we can hang out and fish when the hatch goes off. Also any other info regarding where to fish (sections) of the river, expected flows (too hot and low by then?) would be appreciated as well if anyone has any info.

Thanks, Adam

Quote Originally Posted by emerger View Post
    Hey all,

I posted this in the lodging section also, but thought I'd post here too in case anyone has any information regarding expected flows and water temps.

Thinking about going to fish the upper sac in late September. My sister, her husband and my 2 year old neice are coming out to visit, so looking for a cabin to rent for the weekend. Any suggestions would be appreciated if anyone knows of a relatively affordable cabin to rent up there preferably on the water where we can hang out and fish when the hatch goes off. Also any other info regarding where to fish (sections) of the river, expected flows (too hot and low by then?) would be appreciated as well if anyone has any info.

Thanks, Adam
    Wayne Eng has a small house behind his place, he is a great guy and a great guide.

Also there is a place just south of scarlet way, in the same parking lot of the grocery store that went out of business a couple of years ago. owned by Louie, umm, Cave Springs motel and cabins. You can hike to the dunsmuir park section of the river from them (where the Ted Fay hole is).

Default Wayne Eng Cabin

Oregon Steel:
    Great recommendation! Wayne's place is a great value. He is a delightful host and knows the Upper Sac as well as anyone.
    Emerger:
    You can check out the cabin and contact Wayne from his website. http://www.methodcraft.com/waynesworld/index.html
    Have a great trip! We'll look for your report.
    Craig Nielsen