Thread: Heads Up!

Default Heads Up!

Just a little heads up regarding one of the local guides. I once had a reasonable list of priorities in, what I considered, the “proper order.” I had a healthy ratio of business, all other really important matters, and fishing. I could efficiently take care of business without distraction, and when the time was right could read about and pursue my piscatorial ambitions. Ambitions, mind you, that most reasonable folk would have little difficulty accepting. Then, without advanced notice, I was lead astray. I completely understand that I am at least partially culpable in my own demise, but can safely lay a great deal of blame at the feet of this fellow. Now I spend an inordinate amount of time researching gear, fish habits and habitats, locations, and flies. Seems there is not a moment that goes by that my brain travels from formally reasonable priorities to “when is the next outing, wonder how much backing that reel can handle with a WF9F, or . . .” And the worst, it looks like the Renzetti is coming out of retirement and the ordering of massive amounts of synthetic hair and flash, jig hooks and dumb bell eyes is moving to the top of the priority list. I have developed terminal Striperitus, and if that doesn’t get me first I have Steelheaditoza both lethal. And where do I place most of the blame? One of the local guides!

Thanks a lot Charlie! I’m a mess!

Question Striperitis.....

DAMN!!!! Sounds like you got it bad!!! The next thing you know you'll be wantin' to cook gourmet food and eatin' it too..... All thanks to Charlie....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown