Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good day, bad day

Default Good day, bad day

Day started off great when board member Bill Barker got this beauty....

Not so great to learn my window had been smashed at Rossmoore. Not a thing missing either; glasses, cd's and change all still in the car.

Sorry to hear about the truck. I've been lucky so far with my old beat-up truck, though I usually launch out of the lower sections of the American.

BTW, that is one he@# of a nice fish!!!! What did the boga say?

Nice fish there Bill. What fly and line?

Charlie, too bad about your window.

At least you got to fish.

I had to spend the day down by Rossmoor shooting my slingshot randomly through the trees.
    How boring is that?

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

That is an AWESOME fish....

Glad SOMEBODY's findin' 'em, cause we sure can't right now!
    - Robin

"Yes, size does matter..."

Thumbs up Striperzzzzzz.....

Great fish and photo!!! What a beauty.... Sorry about the window on the truck. Wonder if the vandal was interrupted before he/she could steal anything.... Neither parking area at Rossmor Bar (upper or lower) is really ideal for vehicle security. The bike trail makes it easy to hit and run without much chance catching a thief/vandal....

Still a great day for you and your client....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Nice fish guys. Sorry to here about the window Charlie.
    www.calfish.net. Catch & release for my kids & yours.www.calsport.org.

That girl went almost 25 on the boga, but it was hard to tell because I hate hangin big fish like that and try to get them back in the water ASAP.

Stuff happens, but it sucks. Thats why I never have clients spark inside, or in Bills case, pick them up/drop off at their hotel rooms.

Hopefuly Bill will post one of his pics so we can see the true girth of her.

One other note, not only this was Bills' first striper on the fly, but the first time he had fished for stripes on the fly.
    Last edited by Charlie Gonzales; 08-10-2010 at 09:24 AM.

Here is a little different angle on the girth. Spectacular fish which Charlie handled well and got her going again.

I don't know many who have not been "assaulted" on the American. I think we, the broken-into, out number those who have not. To bad there is not a paid/patrolled parking lot at each location. Sorry Charlie.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AR Stripe 1.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	1973   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AR Stripe 3.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	1974  

Striper envy!
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Angry WOW.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, Charlie. You know I've had it happen 5- or 6-times in my life and half of them have been at Star Bend. I have an 88' chevy 4x beater with great air conditioning, plenty of power, posi, loud, rugged mud and snows, and an engine with 180,000 miles on it (The truck has about 420,000.) She's kinda rough lookin, but she gets the job done and there is nothing in her worth stealing or dismanteling. But then you get this and you know the guy was so "hopped up" he probably couldn't think straight and maybe it was good you were up-river with the right insurance. Some real crazees out there.

I hope the next one takes you for a little ride. I'm hitting salmon tomorrow.

Tracy
    When all else fails, put down the pole and swim with the dog.