Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a del canty lunker hunter float tube

Default A different angle

Scott, buddy, you've already got the tube you need. Now it's just a case of how to get it and your gear, that's where the weight is, into the backcountry.

I've used this old dog many times for my old round truck tube float. You can't find one heavier than that was.

Once you get your tube attached and the belts and straps cinched down you can walk for days with what amounts to a very light backpack.

I'm sure Shig can break out the pvc and construct a carrier that will fit your Fishcat.

He's probably already started drawing.

Carbon?

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

My tube has back pack straps built in I was just looking for something a little lighter so I can go further. But I might have to look at putting my tube on my backpack to I can carry other essentials like rum!!!!
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wahl View Post
    Once you get your tube attached and the belts and straps cinched down you can walk for days with what amounts to a very light backpack.

I'm sure Shig can break out the pvc and construct a carrier that will fit your Fishcat.

Carbon?

Ed
    Well, I've been thinking about the Fish Cat and hiking... What you can do is if you get the inflatable seats, the volume in the tube that's now solid foam becomes a pouch. Just pack your goods in those pockets and fold the pontoons around these and secure with a strap or bungies and use the sewn in pack rings for straps. Heck, it may even work better if the outer bladders are inflated - acts as a pack frame of sorts. Just not good for bushwhacking or on windy days.

Just an idea...

_SHig

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wahl View Post
    Problem is, he's unlikely to ever stop.

Quote Originally Posted by michaeln View Post
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

I'm like a shark baby. If I stop I die!!

_SHig

Default Del Canty Float Tubes

If you can't find that one, have you considered the Outcast Trinity? Urethane bladder, 300lb capacity, five chambers, only weighs six pounds.

The problem with Del Canty Lunker Hunter tubes is, they are no longer made so it's difficult to determine what the price would be. I have three Lunkers but don't want to part with them until I have a better idea of prices.

Scott,

your about 1 year too late... Del Canty Lunker Hunter, the bright orange tube.... I gave the one I had away to a youngster last year,
    I had it sitting around for years and I mean years. I didn't think it would be in condition to blow up but low and behold, it held air
    It packed down to the size of a mac and cheese box and was the lightest thing on the market. They were out only one year and that's when Caddis, and all the other companies started making "doughnuts"
    I'll see if the kid is using it

Jay

Hey Jay, Scott posted this thread almost 3 years ago. LOL

Must be my old age or glasses. I never read dates or times. That comes with retirement

JAY