Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuller Cooling?

Quote Originally Posted by michaeln View Post
    Fished Fuller yesterday from about 5:30AM to 5PM. Water was about 50 degrees near the launch at the dam end when I put in, up to about 58 by late afternoon. Absolutely amazing difference compared to when I was there 2-3 weeks ago and it was 74 late in the afternoon.

Water was so cold that I came in around 11:30AM because I was convinced my waders must be leaking, my feet were so cold. But I sat down and took them off, my socks were dry. Turned the waders inside out, dry as a bone. I think maybe my boots were too tight and the fins were pretty tight and maybe it was just a circulation issue.
    Fishing must've been good if you stayed all day!

_SHig

Default Fishing at Fuller Or How I Became An Icecube

The inlet from Bowman is wide open, plenty of current and although I didn't have a thermometer it felt like low fifties. Got on the water at 7:30 a.m. and the lake was like glass. Lot of fish feeding on small midges, but hard to get close to them. Ended up getting a few on the far side where the lake opens up on top with adams. Later in the day tried int line with green hula buggers, sheeps creek, wiggle tails, and only got a few bumps. Fairly slow day for everyone I talked to. By the time I got out I had frozen into the sitting position. If you go up bring an extra layer.

Quote Originally Posted by SHigSpeed View Post
    Fishing must've been good if you stayed all day!

_SHig
    Fishing was slow. 9 fish, 8-16", all browns.

Quote Originally Posted by michaeln View Post
    Fishing was slow. 9 fish, 8-16", all browns.
    Hmm... Still a nice day I guess. 16" brown out of there ain't bad.

_SHig

Quote Originally Posted by SHigSpeed View Post
    16" brown out of there ain't bad.
    The larger one was an anomaly. All the rest were in the 8-10" range. They seem to be particularly wimpy fighters, no jumps (but then I guess I never see much in the way of jumps from browns), and I didn't need to use the net on any of them but the 16. I think a 2 or 3 weight outfit would be perfect for that place, but I was using a 5.

It was a pleasant day in a very pretty place. Air temp was probably in the 70s by mid-day, and I had just enough wee tugs to keep me interested.
    Last edited by michaeln; 08-06-2010 at 09:28 AM.

michaeln, if you are going to keep driving from the bay for trout fishing you should start hitting the lakes along hwy 88 like Silver, Caples, and Red. You will get a much better quality of fish.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Quote Originally Posted by Scott V View Post
    michaeln, if you are going to keep driving from the bay for trout fishing you should start hitting the lakes along hwy 88 like Silver, Caples, and Red. You will get a much better quality of fish.
    Yes, I have been meaning to try those, thanks for the nudge, I probably will.

I would fish Red Lake first out of the three, it is the furthest but I have had my best luck there.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Quote Originally Posted by Scott V View Post
    I would fish Red Lake first out of the three, it is the furthest but I have had my best luck there.
    I just read a report that the lake is now soupy green so maybe not until fall? OTOH, lots of big chunk planter mutants coming out of Caples...

_SHig

I drove by Red Lake on Sunday. Green as pea soup. Wait for the cooler weather.

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.