Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuller Cooling?

Default Fuller Cooling?

I read on another board that the inflow to Fuller from Bowman Lake has been turned back on and that the water temp at Fuller is back down in the 50s. Not sure I believe it, but that's what the post said.

Also, they apparently PAVED the road that goes to the launch ramp at the north end of the lake.

Yep, the flows are coming in and it has cooled down. I was there yesterday and Saturday and have the cold feet to prove it. Someone with a therm yesterday said that it was 54 at the north end of the lake.

Late some summers when the flow basically stops flowing into Fuller I hear the fishing is dead.

This year we have more water......
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Default Fuller

Late Summer and into Fall is a great time to fish the lake. PG&E is done with there canal work. Go deep around the structure at the far side of the lake
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the size of fish that I catch, the courage not to fib about it, and the wisdom to know that no one would believe me any way".

Default Fuller

michaelin, I was at Fuller about a week ago and they were nearing the finish line on the road. Fishing was OK. Late afternoon on the right side by the dam brought some nice brown trout. Black ant, gnat and Sponge Bob Caddis patterns worked best.

Later...

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Sponge Bob Caddis patterns worked best.
    Can you post a pic of this one please. I love flies with different names.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

This, perhaps?

That's "Bob!"

Yes, it took several seconds slaving over a hot Google to find that picture.

Fished Fuller yesterday from about 5:30AM to 5PM. Water was about 50 degrees near the launch at the dam end when I put in, up to about 58 by late afternoon. Absolutely amazing difference compared to when I was there 2-3 weeks ago and it was 74 late in the afternoon.

Water was so cold that I came in around 11:30AM because I was convinced my waders must be leaking, my feet were so cold. But I sat down and took them off, my socks were dry. Turned the waders inside out, dry as a bone. I think maybe my boots were too tight and the fins were pretty tight and maybe it was just a circulation issue.