Thread: "Animated Knots" online help for knots

Default "Animated Knots" online help for knots

http://animatedknots.com/

You don't really need to know that many knots but you need to tie them well.

Some mono filaments will pull up dry and some like to have some spit on them.

I take my time tying my knots and pull them up smoothly and pull on both ends with a long steady tension to be sure the knots are fully set.

I learned most of my knot info many years ago from old timers who were serious conventional fishermen.

On heavier pound test, like for saltwater, after I get the fly tied on I hook it to something convenient and pull solidly from up the fly line so I can be sure nothing in my entire leader system will fail.

For lots of new fly fishers there is a 'grey area' from the end of the fly line to the fly. This is called your leader system and requires some leaning but it's not a big deal.

**We will announce some evenings when we will have some different free sessions on tying knots, designing and modifying leaders and rigging tackle.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Grog's site is the best, it is the only place I could find to learn how to tie a monkey's fist.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Here is another site I often refer to when I forget what I am supposed to do the the tag end next <

http://www.orvis.com/orvis_assets/files/index.html