Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watt Ave.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wahl View Post
    Scotty, you getting a big laugh out of this?

Ed
    You have no idea how big, and I was really hoping you were going to see this.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

pity the American has turned into such a shithole. i would love to get out there, but i refuse, the water is just not good enough to risk such a pain. i dont think i know anyone who fishes there regularly who hasnt had a break-in.
    hey, careful man, there's a beverage here

Quote Originally Posted by Scott V View Post
    You have no idea how big, and I was really hoping you were going to see this.
    Phil, Charlie, Mike, you all gettin a good laugh?

Just checking.

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Default The American / Ed and Scott's fun at other's expense

I have not had a break-in while parked at the American.

That is probably because reading stories like this for the five years I have lived in the Sacramento are have had me too damn paranoid to fish it much. Most of what little fishing I have done in the A has been launching from Discovery Park down on the Sac early mornings to fish for Stripers.

Ed, I'd be happy to catch my first shad out of your boat so we can park your old truck down there....

For all you guys looking for a safe place to stay while passing through town, you are better off stopping for the night before you hit the valley floor. I live up in Folsom (on Highway 50) and the Freeway close motels are a lot safer up here than downstream. Over on the I-80 side, you would be better off in Roseville, Rocklin, or Placerville. (Not as cheap, of course....)

Mike
    Life is too short to drink bad beer.

Not much you can do to avoid something like what happened to Brian, other than spot welding a plate to your undercarriage. It defianetly sucks having to deal with poop like this to enjoy the river. A couple of guys were caught in the act at Rossmoor the other night, it turned out to be Kienes customer and he told me he got everything back that was taken.

I am very lucky I have never had a break in but I do a couple things to avoid it.......
    I leave all glove boxes, center console, sun glass cubby open and bare; leave nothing in your car, park in the open, and leave nothing in your car. I always have my clients park on surface streets in the neighborhoods to ensure their safety.

As of the 17th we loose 1/2 of our Park Rangers, and I have heard talk of the park going to a dawn to dusk system but I would only consider that a rumour.

Quote Originally Posted by michaeln View Post
    On the way back from Fuller I stayed at a Motel 6 on Watt Avenue in North Highlands near I80.
    The Great Value Inn just down the street, between I-80 and Bus.80 is much better facility.
    Stop! Who would cross the Bridge of Death, must answer me these questions three, ere the other side ye see.

Your first hint was when the front desk asked "You don't have to rent the room for the whole night, we do have an hourly rate!". Your second hint was when the front desk wanted a room key deposit.

Quote Originally Posted by JayDubP View Post
    Your first hint was when the front desk asked "You don't have to rent the room for the whole night, we do have an hourly rate!". Your second hint was when the front desk wanted a room key deposit.
    Well, neither of those happened, but except for that you are 100% accurate.

Default Watt Ave

I've never been broken into either...sometimes I park there sometimes I park at the Big Lots parking across the street and walk up over to the river. Sucks that the tweekers are keeping people from fishing...
    "Is this your homework Larry?"

Thumbs down

Terry J., from the shop, had his truck broken into today at the Howe Ave. launch area.
    Terry