Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watt Ave.

Unhappy Watt Ave.

Had a great day at Watt. Quite a few fish to hand. Except for one minor detail, After I put my gear away and started my truck, something just did not sound right. Some puke or pukes cut out my Catalytic Converter. Sometime between 10:30 and 2:00 PM. Rangers came out and I filed a claim. Everyone keep an eye on your vehicle if you within eyeshot. The mechanic I took it to said they had 2 more that morning.
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the size of fish that I catch, the courage not to fib about it, and the wisdom to know that no one would believe me any way".

Toyota? Their OEM cats are ridiculously expensive, so a lot of these dirtbags specifically target them

Default Watt

yeah, it's a Tundra!
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the size of fish that I catch, the courage not to fib about it, and the wisdom to know that no one would believe me any way".

Sorry to hear about that. Where did you park at? Isn't that area well traveled by walkers/bicyclists? I can't believe someone had the balls to cut it off with people walking around. Then again, maybe these things are easily pulled out. I wouldn't know.

Default Watt

I was parked right under the main bridge on the south side. The agent said it was too clean and had probably used pipe cutters. No noise at all.

I feel your pain! Last October I was celebrating my birthday, testing my newly acquired waders from Kienes casting for half pounders. No grabs, but still a great day and looking forward to a cold one. Got back to the car and some jerks had broken out my window and taken two pieces of luggage! Genius that I am I decided to park farther east so I wouldn't receive any dings in my door(s) in a more congested area. Besides it was closer to where I wanted to go. Got the maximum ding! I always worry now any time I am on the American.
    Last edited by BillB; 07-01-2010 at 08:18 PM.

That really bites. Aside from the deductible, is this something your insurance will cover?
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Talking Watt

Insurance will cover minus a 200.00 deductible that I should be spending at Kienes .

On the way back from Fuller I stayed at a Motel 6 on Watt Avenue in North Highlands near I80.

What a nasty place. It was overrun with gang bangers in baggy pants and ball caps on sideways and fat white gals with prison tats. I slept with my clothes on with the window open (even though it was really hot) so I could hear my car alarm.

I picked the place on the Motel 6 website because it was cheap and all I was going to do was sleep there for a few hours.

Bad decision.

Quote Originally Posted by michaeln View Post
    On the way back from Fuller I stayed at a Motel 6 on Watt Avenue in North Highlands near I80.

What a nasty place. It was overrun with gang bangers in baggy pants and ball caps on sideways and fat white gals with prison tats. I slept with my clothes on with the window open (even though it was really hot) so I could hear my car alarm.

I picked the place on the Motel 6 website because it was cheap and all I was going to do was sleep there for a few hours.

Bad decision.
    You couldn't have picked a more worse place to stay, did you seethe hookers everywhere. Next time you plan to stay overnight in Sacramento area let me know so I can recommend a safer place.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>