Thread: Grouse Ridge area

Default Grouse Ridge area

Anybody tried to make it up to Grouse Ridge...Carr/Feeley lakes etc? Just wondering
    if the lakes will be accessible to hike in by July 4th weekend. Hard to imagine that,
    but given the snow pack....hmmm.

I know in past years, early June had plenty of snow drifts I had to walk over. I think
    it could be 2nd week of July to get up there.

Thoughts?

EO

EO, for that elevation I'm thinking the same thing.

No one talks about Grouse Ridge on here. Not sure why. It's not secret by any means, especially in the last 10 years.
    Some spectacular fisheries up there.
    Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Hi Ed.....amazing to think it could be Mid-July to get in there, huh?!

And what about various lakes over 8,000 ft? August perhaps. Heck, may have to look
    into renting snowshoes.

Ya I Agree. And it sure is pretty up there.

Eric

Grouse Ridge??

There's no fish up there, if there were it would be called Fish Ridge.

Damn, I miss that place.
    Stop! Who would cross the Bridge of Death, must answer me these questions three, ere the other side ye see.

Me too!......I'm jonesin to hit some high country lakes.

Sincerely,

Jonesin' Eric

Tom Stienstra's column in the SF Comical on Thursday reported that someone had tried to get to Grouse Ridge last weekend. The road was blocked about 3 miles from Bowman Rd. with about 3' of snow.

g
    C&R: If you were caught, wouldn't you want to be released?

Its open from what I hear. I saw someone post on another site, he said he has a cabin there and has been there two weekends in a row. I am heading up to grouse ridge next fri. I will let you know. my buddy hiked devils peak yesterday almost no snow. He also said he got no bites at lower or upper Cascades lakes.
    Last edited by zucco; 07-01-2010 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zucco View Post
    Its open from what I hear. I saw someone post on another site, he said he has a cabin there and has been there two weekends in a row. I am heading up to grouse ridge next fri. I will let you know. my buddy hiked devils peak yesterday almost no snow. He also said he got no bites at lower or upper Cascades lakes.
    Zucco,

Thanks for the report, I have been wanting to try those two lakes for a while, they are on this years list. Any idea what approach he was using? You ever fish Kidd Lake? I have been meaning to get there this spring, just haven't made it yet.

Dan

Nope, no fish in the area, it's all fished out.......

I'll be up there next weekend.
    "For years, every time he stopped at the house to collect his paper money, it was the same routine. The old man in the wheelchair would ask him how he'd like it if he took him fishing and showed him a few things. He always said he'd like that.
    When the old man finally passed away, his wife gave the kid a box of flies. He has them today, tucked away in a closet, never to be fished."

Walt C.<---------------------------- not me, though I wish I had written it.