Thread: Anyone ever been to Scott's Lake above W. Carson River?

Mike O Guest

Default Anyone ever been to Scott's Lake above W. Carson River?

Just saw it on a map and was wondering if anyone ever fished it?

thanks,

MAO

I've been there a couple of times and it is a beautiful little lake. tried to fish it from shore for nada so I don't know if there is fany ish in there. The dirt road is mellow but you need 4 wheel drive to get to it.

I was thinking of hiking in there this weekend with a float tube. It is about a 3 mile hike in.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

You can drive to it but you need 4wheel drive or high clearance. You also need a float tube. The lake has small brookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Cloud View Post
    You can drive to it but you need 4wheel drive or high clearance. You also need a float tube. The lake has small brookies.
    Driving is fine but I like a little hike, it makes it more the fun but now that I know you can drive to it, I might have to pass.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Lots of dragonflies. Bring some dark, stubby buggers and work around the structure.

I was just there two weeks ago. Hiked in from the Big Meadow trailhead at Luther Pass on 89. Like Scott said, about 3 miles in. Fairly windy the day I went, and all I saw up there was a couple who had driven in. They had a loose dog running around, jumping in and out of the water. Didn't see anybody fishing. I was there on another mission, so didn't fish it either. The hike itself is not hard, but it averages around 8,000 ft.

Mike O Guest

Thanks for the info. Wasn't sure if I was gonna make it to that area this weekend, now looks like I am gonna fish the Truckee area. Thanks a lot, guys!!