Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: More success at Davis Lake in Nor Cal

Saw plenty of adult damsels flying around but no swimmers or fish working them in the shallows.Water temps hit 72 degrees on the north end of the lake but was in the 68 degree range on the south end.

Had another solid day fishing midges in 10-11' of water.Fish were also caught on buggers and sheep creeks on a clear camo line.Largest fish of the day was a hook jawed brute that was right around 4#, but most were cookie cutter 14" fish.

My advice is to horse fish in and spend time reviving spent fish.As far as eating these fish,I don't know.The copepods are highly unappetizing.

Jay
    [url]www.northernsierraflyfishing.blogspot.com[/url]
    [url]www.jayclarkflyfishing.com[/url]
    Jay Clark Fly Fishing
    530 414 1655

"Offering guided fly fishing trips for trout in the Northern Sierra and beyond"

Quote Originally Posted by Littletruckee View Post
    Saw plenty of adult damsels flying around but no swimmers or fish working them in the shallows.Water temps hit 72 degrees on the north end of the lake but was in the 68 degree range on the south end.

Had another solid day fishing midges in 10-11' of water.Fish were also caught on buggers and sheep creeks on a clear camo line.Largest fish of the day was a hook jawed brute that was right around 4#, but most were cookie cutter 14" fish.

My advice is to horse fish in and spend time reviving spent fish.As far as eating these fish,I don't know.The copepods are highly unappetizing.

Jay
    Thanks for keeping us updated on Davis Lake. Given with what the 'lake' has had to work with after the treatment a few years ago, it's doing good.... I think the testimony is in the fish's ability to endure adversity given the circumstances, therefore, the lake is set up to be the perfect trophy trout water with all it's fish food, habitat, and weather patterns. WE all know what the lake is capable of providing if given just a half a chance.

It's sickening that Lester Snow and the rest of the con artists at the various State agencies can affect everything right on up to Davis Lake. Just sickening.

The latest Davis report from Don is pretty dismal:

http://www.flyfishwithdon.com/fishreport.htm

OceanSunfish,

Lester Snow.......That says it all! If you want to hear a rant just email my dad at rbaiocchi@gotsky.com - he could share a thing or two on the matter! (LOL).

Jon.
    "I fish, I write, I travel, and I'm hungry for more!"
    http://jonbaiocchiflyfishingnews.blogspot.com/

http://www.baiocchistroutfitters.com/
    The premier fly fishing guide service for the northern sierra.