Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Prams

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wahl View Post
    See you in the morning Shig. Bring your tape measure, sketch pad, and ma by a micrometer?

Ed
    Thanks for reminding me about the tape. I had everything packed BUT the tape.

_SHig

The heck with the fishing report, how did the urinary escapades go?

Quote Originally Posted by michaeln View Post
    Now, if there was ever a reason for a PM instead of a post...

<lol> I guess I didn't have enough coffee this morning. Didn't need to go the whole float. Oh well, next time.

As for fishing, I got up before light and hit the water just after sunrise to flowing water below 60 degrees at the inlet and what looked to be a 135 fish day. Just about then the sun poked over the trees and the fish turned off and went deep. Still multiple limits of fish so nothing to sneeze at. The bigger browns were FAT so they've been gorging on something. They weren't as aggressive as usual because of this I'm guessing. Saw a lot of dragonflies and damselflies in the air so perhaps that's what's made them picky?

BTW, here's my "pram" for today:

It's a 5 person Sevylor raft with my pontoon frame plopped in it. Some of you may have seen this contraption before. I added some floorboards to it and I can stand okay in the bottom. Only later did I realize that it's ROCK SOLID standing on the seat vs. the floor. Oh well...

Only had one anchor but the wind wasn't so bad. Rows very well, though with no skin I can't pump it up tight like a 'toon. Still, cheap, and effective.

I got to row Ed's boat around and it sure does glide nicely. Got some measurements and photos so it'll be interesting to see how this compares to the Redwood boat.

There was another guy on the lake with a SC Hopper but nobody seemed to have mentioned to him that it was Pram-a-thon and he was doing his own thing. Lots of other boats including a jacka$$ getting up on plane (for 2 minutes?) back and forth up and down the lake. Really? Sheesh...

BTW, this whole standing in a boat and casting thing is a different kind of leg workout compared to kicking. Especially when I was fighting the soft inflatable floor and boards. I'm a little rubbery because of this! OTOH, casting my whole sinking line is a definite bonus to being high off the water!

Good times, hope to do it again soon,

_SHig

I'm curious, did you launch at the ramp in your picture above, for $10 plus the $5 or $7 day use fee for parking there? Or had you just beached it there to take a picture?

The two times I was there I wasn't about to pay those fees to launch from that little ramp when I can launch adequately from the southern access point.

Just curious.

I'm curious, did you launch at the ramp in your picture above, for $10 plus the $5 or $7 day use fee for parking there? Or had you just beached it there to take a picture?

The two times I was there I wasn't about to pay those fees to launch from that little ramp when I can launch adequately from the southern access point.

Just curious.
    Nah, I'm cheap. Ed launched there so I rowed over to meet him. I hoist over the rocks at the dam.

_SHig

Yeah that 10 bucks to launch stung a bit. For there I'll go back to using my rack and backing up to the rocks. I slide the pram off and back over the boulders and drag to the water.

The fish I found were deep and acting weird. I'd spot a school going by, cast out in front of them, strip it by and see several fish darting in at it but not biting. Saw many follows from down deep up to the boat before they bailed. Tons of short strikes by decent fish.

I saw a shore angler catch about a 4 pound brown, then hoist it up by the line and, well, snap. There she goes.

I kept 2 footlongs for dinner.

I peed in shigs raft when he wasn't looking.

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wahl View Post
    I peed in shigs raft when he wasn't looking.

Ed
    I KNEW there had to be a reason why they stopped biting! GRR... Remind me to NOT make my real pram yellow...

_SHig