Thread: midweek mahi-mahi

Default midweek mahi-mahi

Went out yesterday for a day offshore. The mountain was clear.

Went to a private project that was loaded with mahi, thought I was back in baja.

Good fun on the baby blue 10wt.

They were not huge, but still good fun!

Great day, lots of action small ahi also. headed in and then blew a turbo charger and had to call a friend for a tow in from the breakwall. The fire rescue sent out this helicopter to make sure we were ok. Now we need to see what the engine damage is. Glad this didn't happen 20 miles offshore. Mems.
    Don Memmer

Question Mahi....

So that's where the Dorado went (from Baja)....

Aloha Don,.... Not many Dorado in Baja so far this summer. The wate's cooler than normal and it's stirred up from the constant winds. Still great fishing for Roosters and Jacks, tho.

Too bad the engine to a vacation. Hope it's not too expensive....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Default mahi mystery

Hey Darian, sorry the mahi didn't show up for you guys. There are tons of small peanuts around right now. I have only seen a couple of 20lbers. They are good fun on light tackle. Right now the big ahi have shown up. We caught a small aku and trolled it around but no hits so we went after the small game. It was a wide open bite for about three hours. It is fun to target the fish at the back of the boat and cast to the larger ones.
    I saw you had some good rooster action down at Cervallo. Those were the fish we were after on our trip. I think they are the coolest punk rockers in the salt. Sorry it was an off year for you guys. Hopefully it will be happening in October when you go back. Thanks for the comments, Don.
    Don Memmer