Thread: Ribs in Placerville - Hog Wild

Thumbs up Ribs in Placerville - Hog Wild

Coming back from Sly Park this week I stopped at Hogs Wild, 38 Main St, Placerville for ribs. I had their pork rib dinner with two sides for $10.50. Sides were homemade cole slaw and "campfire spuds". These were potatoes dry roasted in the oven with some spicy rub on them. All tasted good and friendly staff. It's a new place on the south side of Highway 50, on the west end of Placerville. It is about 1 block from Canal St.

Other food on the menu includes a veggie enchilada, smoked brisket, half chicken and pulled pork. Prices ranged from $ 8.95 to $10.50 for a good amount of food.

530-622-3883 to call for take out orders.
    Last edited by Cmcculloch; 10-03-2010 at 10:26 PM.

Sounds good, C-mac. I will try it, but how'd you do at Sly?

Thanks for that info. I'll check it out next time I'm up fishing or wine tasting.

Been there twice. Great ribs, decent price 4 bbq. Get it to go and head up to the Jack Russel Brewery 4 a picnic.

Default Sly Park

Hey Golden Stone re Sly Park - had some skunk smell on me when I left the lake. Good thing the BBQ smell overtook it on the way home. I've eaten at Hog Wild several times more - always lots of good food and friendly service.