Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Frenchmans on fire

Default Frenchmans on fire

I haven't been there myself but several of my buddies have been fishing Frenchmans and have been getting mega fish numbers. One of them landed 135 in one day all by himself. They don't get over 17' but if you like watching your bobber go down that's the palce to be right now.

Lots of trout lakes are taking off now with this warm weather.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Hmmmmm....

Frenchmans is fishing OK, a bit better than Davis at the moment, but "on fire" is hardly the phrase to describe it. I was there this weekend and caught a few but I certainly didn't need a fire extinguisher!

135 in one day? If your friend were a Fish & Game biologist who was electroshocking the lake for a fish census then I might believe it. But throwing a fly? (or a worm or PowerBait!!) Yeah, nice try...

Davis and Frenchmans have been slow the past few weeks. If we get a week or two of warmer weather then they will both be fishing better.

That would pretty much mean being continously hooked-up all day, wouldn't it? If it took three minutes to cast out, get bit, land the fish, resuscitate it, release it, and recast then 135 fish would take almost 7 hours.

I bet that guy was tired.
    Last edited by michaeln; 06-08-2010 at 05:57 PM.

my bigger question is, how do you keep count?? Wear a beaded necklace and push a bead over for every fish? LOL I lose count after 10 or 11 fish.

The other thing to consider in the theoretical 7 hours is, he had to have hooked and lost a buch. Thats just part of the game. That takes time too....

Maybe he kept track of the fish by counting on his toes.

I lose track after 3 fish. But I can honestly say I have had a couple days that might have pushed 100 fish. There were times on Fuller Lake that I would catch 7 or 8 in a row many times. Me and Shig have had some crazy number days there so I can believe a number that high. I actually had a guy on shore tell me that he saw me catch over 25 fish in just the time I was there by him at the dam, he wanted to know how many fish I had caught and told him I had no idea. That was the day that no one on shore was catching anything and me and Shig were catching fish after fish for hours. the bait dunkers were pissed.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

135 is definitely doable. I've landed over 200 bluegill in 4 hours. Fish counter is the way to go. Definitely doable under perfect conditions. I think 3 min per fish is a pretty high estimate. I've done 2 or 3 fish in one minute.
    Itchin' for a fishin'

I've been fishing Frenchman for years. I have a pretty good idea of what to use and where to go & I catch more than my share of fish. 135 fish in a day? Right. I love Frenchman, please don't post such ridiculous statistics & contribute toward ruining a decent fishery. It was OK over the weekend, but not on fire. Same last weekend. I'd suggest the only thing you got right was the size of the fish.
    RFT

These fish must've escaped the Truckee River basin (remember _THAT_ post?) and made their way to Frenchman somehow... ;^)

Scott, I kept religious count and my most insane day at Fuller (and it was better than any day we fished) was "only" 60-65 fish or so. Double that? Hmm...

_SHig

I'm kind of the opposite of you Shig. I purposely lose count. For me competition detracts from the fun.

"How many did you catch?"

"A couple."

"Did okay."

"Caught my share."

"Slayed 'em."

Those are really all the numbers I've ever needed. Unless I was keeping, then you better believe I was keeping count.

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.