Thread: June 11 suggestions for Dunsmuir or . . .

Default June 11 suggestions for Dunsmuir or . . .

Each year, 5 friends and I make our annual pilgrimege to Dunsmuir. As we are all aware, the large snowpack combined with this crazy Spring weather has led us to the conclusion that the flows on the USac and possibly the McCloud will be way out there. Other than the Pit, Hat Creek, and the Lower Sac, does anyone have any stream suggestions for us? We also enjoy fishing smaller streams, but I'm really not aware of any in the Dunsmuir area. Also, although we love going to Dunsmuir, we are fairly open as to another area if anyone has any other suggestions. Thanks in advance!!!

i would check some flow reports. the flows on the upper sac in dunsmuir may not be that bad and the mcCloud may be good also.

I'm actually headed up to the same area june 11th-14th. You might want to consider fishing up the upper klamath stonefly hatch. It should definetely be going on during that time and makes for some crazy dry fly action. THe other river I was going to fish was the mccloud, but if it is out of shape I may just stay somewhere in ashland and fish the rogue for sprink kings as well, even though i probably one catch one it hsould be good scouting for steelie season next year.

I'd take a look at the klamath for at least one day if a lotta your other options arent options.

I have some of my best days on high water days up there. The fish are all over the edges under the elephant ears. There is an accessible creek that flows into the lower McCloud. I promised my buddy I would never post the name on here. It is confusing how to get there and a bit of a hike, but well worth it. PM me if you want more details.