Thread: Hwy 4 options to intro the kid?

Default Hwy 4 options to intro the kid?

I’m looking for places to bring my 4.5 year old to catch some easy trout along hwy 4.
    Be headed up there for a few days in mid-June, staying around Dorrington/Camp Connell area. Don’t care if they’re planters, but would love it if they were small and wild and plentiful.
    I know the area OK, fished the Stan, Beaver Creek and over to the Carson, but never spent much time on many of the other small streams to really know where a “sure shot” might be. Pacific? Others?
    Any suggestions?
    BTW, I know this is a fairly asinine question, but since I’ve already brainwashed my daughter to tell between a rainbow, brown and brookie I’d love to get her into a few fish this summer as a next step toward complete indoctrination!
    Thanks!
    -Glen

Glen, check your pm's.

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Glen,
    Forget Pacific Creek, way to high and it is still snowing here in the mountains. Winter needs to leave soon. Shoot me an e-mail a week or so before you come up and I can probably send you in the right direction for the little one to catch something.

Thanks
    Dan

Dan again .... Glen .... Send the email to....danliechty@comcast.net

Thanks Dan and Ed! I sure thought I was timing things right in mid-June and didn't expect the winter to last this long. with more rain/snow on the horizon I'm wondering when this melt will begin in earnest this year! Thanks for the suggestions/offers and I'll certainly be keeping in touch the closer we get to our time up there.
    Best regards,
    -Glen