Thread: Wanger says plaitiffs have grounds in Salmon Biop

Default Wanger says plaitiffs have grounds in Salmon Biop

From CFN
    www.calfish.net

Judge Wanger states plaintiffs have established grounds for injunctive relief in salmon bi-op. Hearing scheduled for Wednesday, May 19th.

May 18, 2010 -- Judge Wanger, Eastern District Court, has just released his, "Finding of Facts and Conclusions of Law. The finding holds that the plaintiffs, the Delta Mendota Mendota Water Authority and Westlands Water District have, by a preponderance of evidence have shown legal and equitable grounds for injunctive relief. Scribd
    Capt. JerryInLodi
    www.DeltaStripers.Com

So, Wanger flipped on us because federal agencies didn't follow through with their end of the bargain? Am I reading this right?
    - Robin

"Yes, size does matter..."

Here ya go. Some times this state scares me

A federal judge in Fresno ruled today that people matter as much as fish, siding with farm and urban water agencies fighting water cutbacks from Northern California.

U.S. District Judge Oliver Wanger said federal agencies did not comply with environmental law in protection plans for winter- and spring-run chinook salmon, Central Valley steelhead, green sturgeon and a population of killer whales.

Wanger's ruling could result in an increase of water pumping from the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta. He set a hearing for 10 a.m. Wednesday to determine how much pumping can be allowed without harming fish.

Wanger's ruling supported an injunction sought by Westlands Water District and other west-side water users who have lost irrigation water and fallowed hundreds of thousands of acres due to drought and the cutbacks.

Read more: http://www.fresnobee.com/2010/05/18/...#ixzz0oJVTHcno
    www.calfish.net. Catch & release for my kids & yours.www.calsport.org.

www.calfish.net. Catch & release for my kids & yours.www.calsport.org.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. Striper View Post

wanger's ruling supported an injunction sought by westlands water district and other west-side water users who have lost irrigation water and fallowed hundreds of thousands of acres due to drought and the cutbacks.

An injunction sought by who??????????????

Thumbs up Wengers Ruling....

Geez,.... We've got this going in two different Forums and, apparently, in differing directions. Mr Striper's post has the actual print version of the ruling and I think everyone should take some time to read it before panicing or reacting....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown