Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5/15/10 howe-watt....smarten up

Default 5/15/10 howe-watt....smarten up

yes - good numbers being caught. With the shad, have come unleashed dogs roaming the bank and in the water while bankers fish, and every boat over the 5mph no-wake limit; it's not allowed....the laws are posted. I suppose we could go into some discussion of the whys, and safety and voice control and "I'm not going that fast" and "he won't bites" and all that, but let's not - - -instead

....smarten up....

split shot and slingshot

There are some "not so smart" folks out there these days. Saw the other evening a guy walk rite behind a guy with a fly rod and walked rite into his back cast . The fly caster wasent watching behind him and the other guy was walking like he had "blinders" on. I guess, "stupid is, as stupid does".
    www.calfish.net. Catch & release for my kids & yours.www.calsport.org.

It's like Fred Sanford used to say to Lamont, "Dummie!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Striper View Post
    There are some "not so smart" folks out there these days. Saw the other evening a guy walk rite behind a guy with a fly rod and walked rite into his back cast . The fly caster wasent watching behind him and the other guy was walking like he had "blinders" on. I guess, "stupid is, as stupid does".
    I saw that one coming...

Thus the reason why I only fish very very early and very late in the evening on weekends!!!

Default dog on backcast

every year at this time on the russian we have and influx of sun seekers and dogs. last year i got the dummies dog and boy was he pissed. not the dog. felt bad for the dog.

Our club just did a Youth FF camp. It is the FIRST and LAST thing I try to instill in any caster involved......it is YOUR rod and YOUR line....YOU are responsible for it in the front AND in the BACK. ALWAYS pay attention to what is behind you!
    ....lee s.

I'd have to agree. You are ultimately responsible for your back casts. Because of the dummies out there, you have to be the one to keep looking over your shoulder. I can pretty much guarantee if you injure someone, you will be legally responsible. Law won't be on your side. And, never mind the law, that should be all of our responsibilities as fly casters.

Just another reason to use spey casts.
    Last edited by speyfool; 05-18-2010 at 09:21 AM.

Oh you softies...

I hear an eyeball is an attractive offering to a shad....