Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something that Floats

Default FC 4

Shoot. I took care of the business this morning. If it does not work out I know what to do, son-in-law, grand son, daughter . . .

Had to pick up some Sneaky Pete bugs. I am ready!

Default Foam vs Inflatable Seat

The less expensive CAT has three foam inserts which consists of 2 for the seat and one for the back. Everytime I finish an outing, I take the foam out and let them dry out. In hindsight, I probably should have bought the inflatable seat.

Thanks for the drying idea Iao. I didn't consider that thought. To bad Outcast doesn't make an "inflatable pillow" a guy could insert into the boat instead of the foam blocks. In all honesty I felt the inflatable back wouldn't support my back as well. I am 6'2" and about 190 and after a while I can get less than comfortable.

The inflatable pillow is exactly what you get for the Deluxe/Super. They'll sell them ala carte for $100-$150 for a pair direct.

It MAY be a good thing to get the inflatable butt pad, and use the foam backrest, though you can adjust the air pressure in the backrest to change the firmness (what's your Fish Number? <lol>). In fact, the backrest on the foam ones are quite floppy, and you may not like it. The angle of the backrest is set by straps midway up, so the foam tends to fold over halfway up. The inflatable ones fix this issue.

_SHig

SHigSpeed you are a wealth of information! I am sure my "Fish Number" is pretty high! Wish my grab number was that high.

Are these on the Outcast site and do you replace the foam seat parts with the pillows? That sounds like a great idea. I had visualized something like that. I had an idea about the back rest as I once had a canoe seat that operated in a similar fashion. It was much less comfortable than my big leather chair an ottoman!

Thanks for all the great info SHigSpeed, I appreciate it as I am sure others do on this site. I will check on that.

Took the Fish Cat out for her maiden voyage yesterday. I know why you guys love these tubes so much! The wind was blowing with gust to 30 mph but I was still able to fish. At times all I had to do to reset the bug was lift the rod tip and the wind did the rest. I love my Fish Cat!

This is the first fish over the "gunnels" a dink, but never the less the first!

Thanks for all the info guys!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy of 100_0132.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	1673  

Quote Originally Posted by BillB View Post
    SHigSpeed you are a wealth of information! I am sure my "Fish Number" is pretty high! Wish my grab number was that high.

Are these on the Outcast site and do you replace the foam seat parts with the pillows? That sounds like a great idea. I had visualized something like that. I had an idea about the back rest as I once had a canoe seat that operated in a similar fashion. It was much less comfortable than my big leather chair an ottoman!

Thanks for all the great info SHigSpeed, I appreciate it as I am sure others do on this site. I will check on that.
    Sorry, must've missed this...

I think they're on the Outcast catalog .pdf file. Not sure if it's on the site or not. Yeah, the inflatable cushions replace the foam bits. They're made from the same materials and valves as inflatable PFD and they're quite robust.

Glad you got into fish. Seeya on the water some day!

_SHig

First fish in your new tube, nice!!!!
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>