Thread: AR too cold for shad - one idiot in boat

Default AR too cold for shad - one idiot in boat

I went out mainly with my thermometer; got <60 degrees at Paradise Beach:

That's just plain too cold for shad.

I did see one complete idiot in a boat buzzing up at not less than 25 mph (the speed limit is 5 mph).

Apparently - it is already a frequent enough problem that a local resident with a high speed, long range zoom camera, caught the a-hole on film, and reported it.

The County really needs to clamp down on this. It is not only noisy, dangerous, and interferes with other users, but causes boat-wake wave erosion. If you are doing this, please cut it out. 5 mph means 5 mph, not 30, 25, 20, or 10. If you are going much faster than anyone walking, you are going too fast. Stop it.

My guess is the enforcement is somewhere less than minimal, only occurring on complaint. Something in the range of $1,000 for the first offense would really help reduce this. Taking the boat for the second offense would eliminate it. The other thing that would help is a little bit more public involvement, getting information on violaters and reporting it.

Thanks All.

Yeah, I recall last year with Paul a few people just blasting around and one guy was on a jet ski. Pretty stupid imo.
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

Had a guy park on top of our fly lines on a jet ski last year. Then the idiot tried to scare me by saying he was a cop, yeah right your a cop whatever. Next time I am going to get pictures of the idiot that tries that again and give them to my friends that are cops.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

So what if he's a cop... is that an excuse to be an A-hole or something?? Just launch a big ass fly at him and call yourself the worst caster in the world then.....
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

Default the idiot had fishing rods in his boat

The idiot I saw had fishing rods and two people in the boat; I'm not sure if they were fly rods. Anyway, I'll check it out after work. If I see anyone pulling this move, I'll get info to the authorities and maybe that will fix their wagon(s).

There is ALOT of boat wake erosion damage; and if this continues, there are more complaints, and/or there is an accident of any kind; SAFCA, DFG, and others are probably just going to close the river to all motorized traffic. And, that might not be such a bad thing anyway

A wrist rocket and steel ball bearings make a sound like you are bieng shot at, when it hits your boat.

Its always done wonders to the pissants who wash out salmon eggs from redds with jet wash, and then drift fish roe or egg patterns in the "chum."

I am in total favor of banning jets on the American.

Scotty not only did the guy tell us he was a sheriff, but his teenage son flipped us the bird as they took off.