Thread: #1 rule when going to the Truckee

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm horrible about remembering things... So I keep all of my gear right next to the garage door, vest hanging with everything in it, hat hanging on vest, net underneath vest, waders on seperate hook with boots right below them and a water bottle sitting in my boots (I do have to remember to fill it). Oh yeah, the rod and reel are on hooks just above.

For a minute I thought Scott was gonna jump in the river when he realized he didn't have his rod I usually bring a couple of rods, but for some reason decided I wasn't gonna need the extras on this trip. Figures. Still, it was a great day on the water. The fishing was surprisingly tough, as there were plenty of bugs coming off and we hit some really good water. I think we threw nearly every fly I had in the box, but the fish just didn't want to eat. I don't think we saw a single rise all day. The river was in pretty good shape and we were able to cross at some of my favorite spots. The warden was very friendly and thorough. He checked our licenses (which is the item I usually forget) and gave the flies a close inspection for barbs. We fished the first half of the day in the Hirshdale area and moved closer to Nevada after lunch.

Thanks for the excuse to go to the Truckee Scott. We'll have to do it again soon.