When it is your first time going to the Truckee river thanks to the kindness of another "nightgoat", there is one rule to always obey.

DO NOT FORGET YOUR ROD!!!!!!

I am so use to driving that I rarely have to do any thinking, everything is always in my car. But this time Joe drove since we meet have ran into snow and my little car gets scared when it sees water. So we get up to the river and start to get ready, I head to the back of Joe's jeep and low and behold my rod is not to be seen. Apparently I left it in the trunk of my car in Sacramento. Needless to say I had a few choice words for myself. How can I go fishing without a rod or reel. Luckily Joe was nice enough to split time with his rod, and he even gave me first shot at most of the holes. We did not catch or see any fish, I possibly had a grab or two and Joe had a grab or two as well. The water started off at 42 and by the end of the day it was about 50. Flow was a little high nut the water was pretty clear. If I would have had my rod we could have worked different patterns and more than likely found what the fish wanted.

All in all a nice trip to the Truckee even without my rod. I know for sure next time Joe will ask me if I have my rod. And I can not wait to go back.

Oh yeah all most forgot, we were checked by the warden for our license and barbs, which we were both good. It was great to see a warden out on the water checking people, plus he was a very polite warden.

Maybe next time I will catch a fish, or atleast have my rod with me. I took a couple pics all will post them later.