Thread: Any real recent reports?

Default Any real recent reports?

Has anyone got a confirmed shad on a fly for 2010 on the AR?

Well since everybody's mum...

I went out two days down low last week on foot. No shad, no striper. But Im hardly a striper fisherman.
    Last edited by wjorg; 04-19-2010 at 11:31 AM.

Default Shad reoprt

I have not fished the AR yet this year but got quite a few on the Feather yesterday. One thing that was very interesting is all the fish were large hens not small males. I weighed two of the hens and one was 5 lbs and the other 6-1/4" Very good news for our run this year.

Default Shad Report

Fished the Log Hole yesterday for a couple of hours without a grab. Hopefully it will happen soon.
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the size of fish that I catch, the courage not to fib about it, and the wisdom to know that no one would believe me any way".

I fished log hole and on downstream a bit on Saturday without a grab. Maybe in a week it'll be on...
    The essence of b.s. is not that it is false but that it is phony... -Harry G. Frankfurt

I guess they're not at the Log Hole! I also went there last evening for a couple of hours without a grab. The flows are up from last week so a faster sink rate is required to get down.

Default New Guy / Shad Report

Hi, I'm new at this, both shad fishing and posting on a message board. I started shad fishing last year with a couple of experienced shad fishing friends. They out fished me 10 to 1. I hope to do better this year.

We fished the log hole for a couple of hours on the evening of the 17th and got nothing.

Thanks for the info; maybe I'll see you on the river.